• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mageziya's Irrelevant Sprites
Thanks!

Anyway, I made two robo-satchel variants:

[Image: xsZyiIx.png]

And real size images for easy conversion:
[Image: r7BAdbO.png]
[Image: p81MA4j.png]

It might be a little too futuristic looking. I based the sprites specifically on the hydroponics satchel, and while I wanted to make it look as different as possible, I still wanted it to match the generic theme of a satchel and be recognizable. It was rather difficult to figure out ways to make it look different without making it look like trash. The striped variant, for example, looks more different, but also looks more noisy.

I also did not touch the satchel-meter sprites, and am assuming their function will be the same when compared to the mining and botany satchels.

If need be I can try making different variants on the satchel.
I like them both.

I could use the left one as a smaller satchel and the right one as an "extra capacity" satchel.

Thanks so much!
For fun I wanted to try and make a a robe, to go with the plague doctor mask, but old-clothes color palettes are really annoying to work with, so I decided to make the robe a green in comparison to that butt-ugly green-wizard's robe that I made quite some time ago.

[Image: xfcKcfO.png]

The big difference this time is that I actually used reference images to design the robe, instead of just winging it and hoping that everything turned out okay. I've also gotten better at color shenanigans, so the robe doesn't look as poo colored this time around. This is all I have for now, and I'm not sure that I want to continue, since making a full set of clothes is truly a pain, but the comparison is definitely motivating.
Those green robes on the right look very familiar.

What was your reference for them?
This magical nerd from Magicka, along with a quick glance at the google images page for plague doctor outfits. European robes seem to have the same general outfit with the weird collar thing and a couple of folds. I say this never having worn one.
(06-22-2016, 08:40 PM)Mageziya Wrote: This magical nerd from Magicka, along with a quick glance at the google images page for plague doctor outfits. European robes seem to have the same general outfit with the weird collar thing and a couple of folds. I say this never having worn one.

oh neat
Holy shit, I actually made an outfit that I'm happy with for once:

[Image: 02EWmAZ.gif]

[Image: F2KL1SK.png]

I actually really like how this turned out. I added more gold lining to the outfit since the preview, and it looks really good. I didn't add any to the hood since it looked weird due to skin tone. Sure, some skin-tones and items (gloves, masks), can make the gold lining, but the fact that it can fail under common circumstance was enough to not add it.

I've also slightly realized my art-"style" doesn't quite match SS13's art-style, though the differences are minor enough that it can be easy to miss. The difference mainly comes down to outlines and the edges of sprites, where I tend to give everything dark outlines, everything in SS13 has variable outline shadings, often appearing as if it has no outline at all.

I've also got in-hand sprites that I totally didn't forget I made until I was halfway through this post or anything like that.
[Image: Pxu51F3.png]

I also made it compatible with the plague doctor mask, since that's what I set out to do before essentially making a wizard's outfit:
[Image: ENKseAu.gif]
Neat and cultish.
(This is why the hood doesn't obscure the face and the opening is little oddly shaped.)

Also feel free to insult the original green wizard robe that I made on the first page of this thread, because it is beyond a doubt ugly.

DMI should be attached to this post.

Also, w o w  I apparently love to type a lot during these sprite posts.

Attached Files
.dmi   greenRobes.dmi (Size: 2.4 KB / Downloads: 416)
(12-06-2015, 11:12 AM)Mageziya Wrote: [Image: fJtfSbc.gif]

[Image: EmCuO3W.png]

Ugly shit stupid get out smile

I REALLY SHOULDN'T BE AN ASSHOLE OR I MIGHT NOT LIKE WHAT HAPPENS

edit: too late
nevermind.
Well, I'm still open to sprite requests or ideas.
A Swiss army knife with a fork, spoon, and knife attachment for an all in one eating utensil
bongos
I made the multi-utensil, since it sounded easy to make.
[Image: uaVBVYD.png]
I included the real-size sprites in the display since I didn't want to make a DMI for it.

And now for the most evil thing I've ever made.

[Image: W4lX2Dq.png]
THE LICH BEE!

The idea for this came out of dead-chat discussion over an obsidian crown that I had obtained as a trait item. I mentioned that I should have put the crown on Heisenbee since I didn't have much use for it. This then spiraled into a discussion about how putting an obsidian crown on a bee should create an evil lich bee.

[Image: Cq6MXbX.gif]
In other words, its an official reason to never let tele-sci near bees again.

I didn't make a sleeping sprite because the undead do not need to sleep. I also didn't make a dead sprite because I'm assuming that the bee would burst into smoke/whatever on death, akin to wearing the obsidian crown for too long. That said, I can make a dead sprite if needed.

The DMI for this un-bee-lievably evil monstrosity should be attached to this post.

Attached Files
.dmi   lichBee.dmi (Size: 1.01 KB / Downloads: 376)
I actually made the bongos, though I'm not too fond of how they turned out.
[Image: WABt697.png]

Also, should I change the color of the lich bee's wings to purple? The the orange wings look radical, but violates the theme of the orange being eyes, while purple is more-so the detail-color.
I made a dumb proof-of-concept thing for fun.
[Image: mHib46k.png]

Behold, the Crown of Nice and Happy Feelings, or just the Marble Crown. It's just meant to be a thematic opposite to the Obsidian crown. Clean and symmetric to the wild asymmetry of the obsidian crown, while still being pointy and having an eye. It also uses some personal designs.

I'll probably only make worn sprites and attempt to further clean up the sprite if its wanted for actual use, though the concept is pretty dumb.