Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mageziya's Irrelevant Sprites
(11-06-2016, 10:50 AM)Mageziya Wrote: It's the tops, and also the gas meters. Both of those things at the moments are weird approximations, but they're both wrong at the moment.

Problem is that I can't find a way to fix either. I've tried, but nothing looks good.

Edit: Been funking about with the canisters as a way of procrastinating on life. Still looks like trash.
[Image: 3bb57ac160bdb9c5d11f0744e428e151.png]

I know this is an old post, but I think it would look really cool if the large canisters extended out with increased pressure. They would look something like that, but with the top section extending upwards and the canister pressure increases.
Unrelated, but since this is basically an art thread, have some art:

(05-15-2017, 05:39 PM)Mageziya Wrote: Presenting, the first ever proper artistic rendition of Arme F. McGee:

[Image: 6f5474d895db7daf3b37f2c54ec74406.png]

Granted, in a universe where he is significantly more robust, and has bizarrely shaped chairs.

Gotta improve traditional art to improve pixel art! Alternatively, improving traditional art can improve pixel art.
give him a cigarette whose smoke spells out his name and a card and hes almost akin to johnny fiveaces
I know I should be posting pixel art here, not drawn art, but here's an angry shamblerin-o.

[Image: 81bd27d4cd18424d40b097374ac99a1d.png]

Always loved the shambler design, or at least, my interpretation of it. The balance of a spooky beak (I know the original is more a weirdly toothed mouth), flailing bird hands, and the contrast of weird, hard carapace limbs to a soft blobby body make for an extremely detailed, but also very balanced, design.
I made another drawing of my space man.

[Image: 54950bbfe57e2e095d20082d4f4cf1ad.png]

This is only two weeks worth of improvement!!
Remember how, many months ago, I attempted to resprite the gas canisters, and miserably failed?

Since then, I've had some improvement in my art skills, and decided to take another crack at respriting the canisters.

This time, I think I've succeeded.

[Image: 5e24d5c5b754451ab26355fc9f430a8e.png]

I managed to "solve" the problem of the weird-o top to the canister, in addition to a bunch of other details like gas meter placement.

I also made an okay-ish canister bomb sprite.

[Image: 8dc410c5c82bf446950086db85b2c7d9.png]

Not outstanding, but serviceable for the new canisters.

As with last time, the respective DMI's are the exact same as the DMI's found on the github, just with the new sprites replacing the old one. Also, the sprites for the meter lights in the DMI have been re-positioned to fit the new sprites, so those should not need changing. The labeling on all the subfiles in the DMI are exactly the same, meaning the only thing that needs to be done to implement these sprites is simply swapping out the old DMI's with the new DMI's.

That said, there seems to be a minor shenanigan with the DMI's at this moment. I'll edit the post with the DMI's when that is done.

Edit: DMI's attached. There was a situation where using the exact copy of the original DMI would overwrite any changes you made to it. A work-around was found, and the DMI's should contain the new sprites. If they don't, let me know.

Attached Files
.dmi   atmos.dmi (Size: 18.7 KB / Downloads: 290)
.dmi   canisterbomb.dmi (Size: 847 bytes / Downloads: 272)
Oi Mageziya, nice can!

but no really im a fan of this design
(07-20-2017, 04:05 PM)Mageziya Wrote: [Image: 5e24d5c5b754451ab26355fc9f430a8e.png]

Those look like actual canister canisters. Spaceman sized propane canisters.

[Image: latest?cb=20150524012905]

This has my approval.
Propane tanks basically are what the original canisters were trying to be!
noice cans
Good space cans! Implement!
Alright, one thing I've been needing to do recently is practice color. To do so, I made a couple canister recolors, mainly looking at colors not present in in-game canisters.

[Image: 5f1cb24d4a1bb5d35b4ee5cf428eee50.png]

The canisters don't really mean anything in particular. Exception being the top row, the with top left canister being intended as freon/cold, and the two yellow canisters being based off those odd hazard canisters you sometimes see from other servers.

These aren't really meant for anything in game, though if some codemin or patcher has an idea and is willing to touch the cursed machine that is atmos, I can easily provide a DMI for one of these sprites, or even a custom colored canister.
The changelog just said the new gas canister sprites are in the game. Woo!
I saw!
Worth noting that your original sprites were awesome as well!