Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let us put dead bodies in the arc smelter
Reason: Arc smelter + someone typing "suicide" in the command bar = person in the arc smelter = person ingot/fabric
I agree to this.

There should be some obvious etiquette to it though. I mean I am the type of person to go around as a mailman and wrap every body I see, hoarding them in some corner of the station like a strange trophyroom, all the while ghosts spin chairs madly about in fury to rebuke my rudeness, but yeah putting somebody in the smelter when they could have been cloned would be rude.

I suggest the obvious solution to prevent this: We get rid of cloners. Problem solved.
i feel like if they're dead then they are dead and have no say in the matter

just like the whiny people who get upset when they get borged and not cloned
Being dead however it is that a body got to that state, is kind of like tossing the dice anyway. You could get revived in a manner not pleasing to you, or this could happen. I endorse this as another form of body disposal.
idk how down i am for a way to destroy bodies that the whole crew can access easily

with the gibber, crematorium, and the enzyme gizmo, there's some difficulty in actually getting to them, and disposals can destroy you too if you slip or someone shoves you. there's already enough ways to take people out of the game permanently as is
Vitatroll Wrote:I suggest the obvious solution to prevent this: We get rid of cloners. Problem solved.
I concur.

also, It's already. against the rules to gib a revivable person without first trying to revive them and finding them brain dead
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
Vitatroll Wrote:I suggest the obvious solution to prevent this: We get rid of cloners. Problem solved.
I concur.

also, It's already. against the rules to gib a revivable person without first trying to revive them and finding them brain dead
It is? then why are so many chaplains jerks?
icarus Wrote:idk how down i am for a way to destroy bodies that the whole crew can access easily
there already is one, it's called "space"

throw someone out an airlock. even setting aside the tendency for corpses to gib when they hit walls flying through space, literally no one will ever bother dragging their dead ass back to the station and cloning them.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
I concur.

It's a dick move but it's not against the rules.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
I concur.

It is not against the rules to gib revivable dead bodies.
Ed Venture Wrote:
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
I concur.

It isn't, but it's still not very nice and will probably get you yelled at.
See everytime I steal a wrestling belt from a antag I go around gibbing dead bodies and I've never been yelled at for it and I do that alot.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
I concur.
Agreed. I'd actually get less mad at geneticists if ignoring everyone was their only job. Put 'em in research, too.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:
Ed Venture Wrote:
UrsulaMejor Wrote:I concur.

I've never been yelled at for it. There's no obligation to clone or even preserve dead bodies. It's just a nice thing to do, a favor you're doing for those dead people. I've never been yelled at for making peopleburgers or respectfully shooting corpses into space instead of running those corpses all the way down to medbay (it drives deadchat nuts though).
Paineframe Wrote:
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:
Ed Venture Wrote:It is not against the rules to gib revivable dead bodies.
I've never been yelled at for it. There's no obligation to clone or even preserve dead bodies. It's just a nice thing to do, a favor you're doing for those dead people. I've never been yelled at for making peopleburgers or respectfully shooting corpses into space instead of running those corpses all the way down to medbay (it drives deadchat nuts though).
Unless you're the chef or chaplain, gibbing fresh bodies is pretty shit. Especially because more than likely you're doing it just to be an asshole, which is pretty shit as well.

Honestly it's one of those things like killing player monkeys. It's the stupidest thing in the world to make it okay to kill player monkeys, but it is allowed so all that can really be done is carry a laser around as a monkey and wait for some asshole to start trying to toolbox you. Then gib their corpse because it's not against the rules.