Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give us a cure for food poisoning!
Food poisoning is still awful. A day or two ago I randomly contracted it without eating. The cure for it now is rest. Resting does Jack fucking shot to cure it though. You can only limp around getting randomly stunned from gagging for an entire round. It's on old twitching levels of bad.

So give us meds to cure it or get rid of it's effects!
Yogurt is a food in the game, right?
Maybe it should have like, probiotics for food poisoning?
Chicken soup has a % chance of curing food poisoning but afaik it's fairly low %, perhaps could be raised?

Also a cure for drug addictions, something like fixer in fallout, which has a negative effect while taking it, but stops the effects of withdrawl when in the system? Swap one bad for a slightly less bad with fixer?
Sundance Wrote:Also a cure for drug addictions
Yes, please. I'm tired of being a jittery mess for smoking one cigarette.
Frank_Stein Wrote:Yes, please. I'm tired of being a jittery mess for smoking one cigarette.

A shot of haloperidol will calm yer shakes, Detective.
Doesn't change the fact that the addiction system is crap since it just rolls on even 1 dose of a drug to get an addiction. You don't get addicted to morphine or nicotine in one use.
Resting not curing anything is a bug.

As for addiction, getting spammed about how I desperately need meth when I have a huge dose in my bloodstream breaks my immersion! Can you actually get withdrawal symptoms while high on the drug in question?
Im pretty sure to cure food poisoning you have to lay down in a bed and sleep for a minute or two.
oblong Wrote:Resting not curing anything is a bug.

As for addiction, getting spammed about how I desperately need meth when I have a huge dose in my bloodstream breaks my immersion! Can you actually get withdrawal symptoms while high on the drug in question?
As you go on, you need more and more of the drug to reach the same high, till you can hardly function without it in you. Gotta crank up your meth dose. And yeah, wish resting would actually work. Curl up in a bed and sleep your sick away
There is a big difference between resting and sleeping.
This is often a good use for sleepers btw. Shove someone in a sleeper, set it for 2-3 minutes, wait, DING they're out.
...only that it's completely unreliable. Sometimes they'll pop out, cured of their food poisoning and praise your wonderful doctoring efforts. Other times they'll pop out and curse you for shoving them into the sleeper.

And yes, the addiction system is total nonsense. If anything that should probably the next doctoring thing that could be looked at, seen as literally half the station is either drunk, stoned, stimmed or poisoned.
Maybe tie food poisoning into pathology somehow.

If there was just one disease that causes food poisoning, you could purposefully get it, create a cure, and then when people show up with food poisoning you could cure it right away.

Or you could be a jerk and modify food poisoning into worse diseases.
Marquesas Wrote:There is a big difference between resting and sleeping.

Oh, I assumed it was bugged. I've never cured food poisoning with a sleeper so I gave up trying.
Sundance Wrote:This is often a good use for sleepers btw. Shove someone in a sleeper, set it for 2-3 minutes, wait, DING they're out.
...only that it's completely unreliable. Sometimes they'll pop out, cured of their food poisoning and praise your wonderful doctoring efforts. Other times they'll pop out and curse you for shoving them into the sleeper.

And yes, the addiction system is total nonsense. If anything that should probably the next doctoring thing that could be looked at, seen as literally half the station is either drunk, stoned, stimmed or poisoned.

Rehab center when? I want the crew to give me a intervention.

But yeah Food poisoning is shit and I agree that it is pretty much the same as twitching (The old version of Twitching that is). Sometimes I get food poisoning and I go to "rest" and I slip into a coma for the rest of the round. Saying food poisoning is annoying is a understatement. I also agree with Sundance that the way addictions work needs to be changed and reworked.
All you need is a good swig or two of Poopto Pissmol! It'll cure ya right up!
The following is a list of probably side effects of consuming Poopto Pissmol. Loveco is not liable for any damages from the use of their product line. You have been warned.
Anxiety, loss of hearing, confusion, constipation (severe), diarrhea (severe or continuing), difficulty in speaking or slurred speech, dizziness or lightheadedness, drowsiness (severe), fast or deep breathing, headache (severe or continuing), increased sweating, increased thirst, mental depression, muscle spasms (especially of face, neck, and back), muscle weakness, nausea or vomiting (severe or continuing), ringing or buzzing in ears (continuing), stomach pain (severe or continuing), trembling, uncontrollable flapping movements of the hands (especially in elderly patients) or other uncontrolled body movements, vision problem, [list to be amended to completion at a later date]

Outside of medication you could have a chance to get better for every earl or ralph you call. You eat something bad, you feel bad. You lose something bad, you feel better. Not how things work in reality, but I think a gag emote that has a chance for you to toss yer cookies would be hilarious. Bulimia for everyone!

As for addiction I agree that it could use a rework. All addictions could have a different flavor comparable to their real life counterpart. I've known people who've quit smoking cold turkey and none of them wound up a jittery puking mess on the floor. Meth addicts could steal things like monkeys if they're next to someone. Alcohol could automatically yell and point at people or drink any alcoholic liquids around them if they have a free hand. Things like that would be really neat.