Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soundscapes
Most (if not all) of the soundscapes available in the telesci or derelict z-levels loop infinitely, even when you've left the location. Unless you restart your client, you could be walking around on the station still hearing the creepy creaks and moans from an ancient ruin millions of light years away.

This is particularly annoying with one particular soundscape on the derelict z-level which is nothing but an endless, ear shatteringly loud subsonic bass effect. It's just a pain in the ass to have to restart your client every time you go exploring.
How did you leave the z-level?
Pod wormholes. In regards to telescience, I usually left via port-a-sci.

If you're looking to reproduce this, just take a walk around that martian place on the derelict and then return to the station. The droning sound doesn't go away.
I notice that i get this problem whenever I go to the spooky secret place in the Ice moon or go to the end of Meat Station. I think using the porta-sci and teleporting out of these places might be the problem.
The void weird chanting would always get stuck with me after I left the void.... Creepy walking around the station with that running in the background.
Portals would cause that, because as far as I'm aware those skip area.Entered/Exited. (set_loc)

That being said, area checks might be expensive on those (for set_loc generally since it's used rather frequently), so I don't know what to tell you.
Honestly if you just removed the one sound I described in the OP I'd be perfectly happy.