Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cryo in medbay should be clickable to change temp
You should just be able to click the number and set it to 70 or whatever.

Also, in chemistry there should be a way to change the amount of chemical dispensed.
By the I mean just clicking it and manually setting a number instead of clicking "- - - -" over and over Also same with oxygen tanks. and other things like large O2 tanks.
I don't do medbay much but I do do chemistry and the temperature machines in there can be set manually just by clicking the centre number. I would assume this is the same for other things too.
Basically what I'm getting at is this is already implemented probably, again, I don't mess with the cryo pod much but I would assume it works the same.
Readster Wrote:I don't do medbay much but I do do chemistry and the temperature machines in there can be set manually just by clicking the centre number. I would assume this is the same for other things too.
Basically what I'm getting at is this is already implemented probably, again, I don't mess with the cryo pod much but I would assume it works the same.
Nope.

There are a lot of things in ss13 that seem like they'd use the same backend but don't for some inexplicable reason. This is one of them.
I'd be lying if I didn't say I've wanted this at some point. But in all honestly, what's the point? I mean, it would literally save you MAYBE 3 seconds of time. And since you only have to set up cryo once, it doesn't add up to that much time even if you decide to play medic for the next 50 rounds. Sure, it could be more efficient, but only a little bit.
kyle2143 Wrote:I'd be lying if I didn't say I've wanted this at some point. But in all honestly, what's the point? I mean, it would literally save you MAYBE 3 seconds of time. And since you only have to set up cryo once, it doesn't add up to that much time even if you decide to play medic for the next 50 rounds. Sure, it could be more efficient, but only a little bit.
Since the cryo chamber only ever gets set to one temperature, why not just have it start there and have some button you need to push to enable cooling instead? If someone were to want to disable cryo healing, they'd have a much easier time putting in a beaker of poison or stealing the oxygen or something.
Nightgunner5 Wrote:Since the cryo chamber only ever gets set to one temperature, why not just have it start there
And while we're at it set the all the SMES to the proper outputs and inputs, and have toxin gas pre-mixed, have the engine start itself and replace all the players with the AI versions.

Removing these small nuisances just makes the game too streamlined. I like it to have a small sense of tedious realism, it helps immersion, even for goonstation.
Winged_Chiller Wrote:
Nightgunner5 Wrote:Since the cryo chamber only ever gets set to one temperature, why not just have it start there
And while we're at it set the all the SMES to the proper outputs and inputs, and have toxin gas pre-mixed, have the engine start itself and replace all the players with the AI versions.

Removing these small nuisances just makes the game too streamlined. I like it to have a small sense of tedious realism, it helps immersion, even for goonstation.

Don't ruin arrpee immersion by making things efficient please.
I agree that it should just start set to the right temp actually. Unnecessary clicking isn't really a feature.