Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magic Missile cooldown is too quick?
I'm not sure if it's been changed lately, but magic missile comes off of cooldown very quickly now. Basically, any wiz will pick fireball and abuse it with MM. So just teleport in, cast MM, target is stunned, cast fireball, target is unconcious, MM is off cooldown, repeat. We had a wiz today take down 6 people in surgery by stunlocking with this. It's coming off cooldown far too quickly and the combo is just too good.

I understand the wizard is one guy against the crew (when it's only 1 wizard) but come on. This stunlocking is insane.
you can kill a wizard in literally 3 seconds with an energy gun and they're shining, bearded beacons screaming "please murder me right in the fucking face" to the entire crew

them having a good crowd control power is not imbalance
Dauntasa Wrote:you can kill a wizard in literally 3 seconds with an energy gun and they're shining, bearded beacons screaming "please murder me right in the fucking face" to the entire crew

Would you happen to have any factual proof of this? A video?
Ali0en Wrote:
Dauntasa Wrote:you can kill a wizard in literally 3 seconds with an energy gun and they're shining, bearded beacons screaming "please murder me right in the fucking face" to the entire crew

Would you happen to have any factual proof of this? A video?
this happened to me as wizard two round r ago. you were there. doofus
I don't recall this?
I really do not think wizards needed a buff to an aoe stunlock spell. Especially when they have multiple stunlock spells they can easily chain together to keep a field of people down for a very long time.

Also since this isn't the general 'bitch about wiz' thread I'll keep it short but wizards can raid the armory within the first minute of the round and pick a spell that lets them flat-out ignore long-range attacks. After the first five minutes either the wiz is dead or any meaningful resistance to the wizard is down and the rest of the round is an hour of the wizard slowly murdering the crew.

Also Urs you yourself admitted you were suffering incredible lag that round.
The last thing wizards needed was a buff to their stunning spells It should've been obvious that this was only going to lead to wizdorks using this as a ploy to recharge fireball. But it's not even that. Wizard has several stunning spells at his disposal, so this just inflames the issue.

I dunno, I think if you were going to buff anything, buff wizard defense spells, for which there's teleport, blink and forcewall, with only the first being of any use.

If i had my way, wizard would be back to the drawing board by now. deepa derpa doo
most notably, spell shield does not actually protect from riot shotguns, bleeding damage, staplers, or people stripping you.
Don't charge at the wizard one at a time? Magic missile only stuns two people per shot.
The problem is that there are a grand total of two energy guns on the station at any time, and one of them is unavailable in a significant number of scenarios. Most competent wizards will make the people with these energy guns their first priority and will then take/dispose of these energy guns.
Paineframe Wrote:Don't charge at the wizard one at a time? Magic missile only stuns two people per shot.
I'm pretty sure it's more than that because I've seen 4 magic missiles out at a time.
Based on my wizard experience there's one missile per person the wizard can see.