Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let welders be refilled from fuel canisters.
Those red/orange things that hold welding fluid are pretty much useless aside from being used for flamethrowers.

Having them available for refilling welders as well would give people a nice way to save a trip to the welding fluid tanks, and maybe prolong blob fights.

They might already fill welders but I'm pretty sure they don't.
They don't and I think its kinda silly.
Also, an easier way to drain them would be nice.
These things should really use a look. They don't need to be able to fit in chem dispensers or whatever, maybe just allow an option to dump them out, but it's possible to refill the dang things on welding tanks anyways and they'd be pretty useful for the purpose suggested in the opening post.
don't give them an easy way to dump them, but let them fill welders please, and allow us to drink from them like water bottles
Why shouldn't there be an easy way to dump them? It's not exactly gamebreakingly powerful. Nor does it make sense that you can't just open the cap and turn it upside down.
because being able to empty them would make it too easy to secretly make chemthrowers, and most fuel cans irl have valves on the caps so they can't be just poured out.

being able to drink from them feels like a fair compromise
Making chemthrowers isn't especially difficult, even if you felt the need to do it secretly for some reason. The most time-consuming part is making the actual chems. Not being able to empty out the tank in one go saves you at most twenty to thirty seconds of spraying unlit fuel at a wall.

Also in a station in which these are ostensibly supposed to have some kind of practical use, it doesn't make sense that the only method of emptying them is flamethrower related.
it may not make sense, but it's probably too funny to fix unless you give them a funnier solution
UrsulaMejor Wrote:because being able to empty them would make it too easy to secretly make chemthrowers, and most fuel cans irl have valves on the caps so they can't be just poured out.

If you want to go full idiot, being able to drink from them and *spit while holding a lighter or match in your active hand should let you spit out a fire tile. Like breathing fire but with risk that you set on fire.

Anyway I still think the canisters should be useable for refilling welders.
atomic1fire Wrote:
UrsulaMejor Wrote:because being able to empty them would make it too easy to secretly make chemthrowers, and most fuel cans irl have valves on the caps so they can't be just poured out.

If you want to go full idiot, being able to drink from them and *spit while holding a lighter or match in your active hand should let you spit out a fire tile. Like breathing fire but with risk that you set on fire.

Anyway I still think the canisters should be useable for refilling welders.

I always wanted to be Karnov.
This sounds like something you can use sinks and toilets for. Need to get rid of your excess chemicals/welding fuel? Pour it down the drain!
Remmon Wrote:This sounds like something you can use sinks and toilets for. Need to get rid of your excess chemicals/welding fuel? Pour it down the drain!
Just be careful when smoking in the bathroom. Moving onto a toilet that had fuel in it with an open flame could be comically dangerous.