Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wires cannot be dragged into portable reclaimer.
The situation:
Spawned as an engieborg, scanned a few objects and wanted to recreate them in electronics. The machine was lacking conductive material, so I went to QM and ordered a crate. To my dismay the length of cable was all in seperate boxes that my dwindley cyborg arms could not use.
Fortunately I remembered general manufacturers can produce coils of cable, so I did so in QM and dragged the wire back to electronics.
To my further dismay I could not click and drag the cable into the portable reclaimer, extinguishing my goal of attempting to make too many AI display screens for that hip Orwellian look.

Why I think this is an oversight, rather than a bug per se:
You can click and drag metal and glass sheets into the reclaimer but not cable. This severely limits what you can do as an engieborg.

Conditions to reproduce:
Attempt to drag and drop cable onto a reclaimer. Cry at your folly.
It does not matter if you are human or cyborg (although if you are human you can just pick it up and place it)
and it does not matter if the cable is of white flavor or red as I tried with both.
It occurs to me that I don't think you ever could reclaim wire coils. You really ought to be able to as you can break down the other building materials.
You can reclaim wire coils. You always could.
They break down into their counterparts, rubber and pharosium (sp?), the latter being the conductive material.
However the white cable is made from different counterparts afaik. Lets ignore that seen as material science is getting retouched.