babayetu83's mentor app
Usual Character Name: Discount Dan, Discount Danborg
BYOND Username:babayetu83
Recommended by (if applicable): Darkchis, Bubs, DrBee
Times Available: most nights and weekends, EST

Reason for Application + Game Experience : I would like to open this application by just saying that I truly love to help people. Being able to help and assist new, inexperienced players is the main reason I am applying for this. I just get warm and fuzzy inside just by helping people as a cyborg, or helping cyborgs as a roboticist, plus the good feeling of passing along such important and helpful information. In a game such as Space Station 13, perpetuating knowledge like this is very important. Not only am I experienced with robotics, I am very well versed in the use of Genetics, and would be more than capable to teach and share information on its inner workings. In addition, I have come to be moderately adept with chemistry, with its bounty of helpful chems, in not only their intended uses, but also their more nefarious ones as well. Naturally, this comes with knowledge of the more seedy and dangerous underbelly of chemistry. My only shortcoming with this is my difficulty with engineering, and properly utilizing the thermal engine. I am also very experienced at antag roles. My best being the standard traitor and the other being a nuke operative. My personal best time is 4 minutes. I have also come to quickly understand and adept to the Wraith, which being a relatively new antag role, would allow me to help new and inexperienced players even more than I already can. Besides my burning desire to help people, I am also a somewhat long-time player of SS13 in general; my longest stint so far being here on Goon, amounting to about two or so years. There was a time where I feel like I was an incredibly shitty player, but, I think now I've been able to turn over a new leaf here by just helping people.

Previous Bans : a lot
I'm just gonna go ahead and say

ahahahaha YES.
They know enough for the purple text.
Oh hey. Yeah sure. Knows enough to be a mentor.
YES You are more then qualified to be a mentor.
Yeah this guy's not shit and he knows enough about the game, give him the purple.
Quote:I just get warm and fuzzy inside just by helping people as a cyborg, or helping cyborgs as a roboticist, plus the good feeling of passing along such important and helpful information.

Is it the same feeling you get when you torment me in the worst way you possibly can? A sad old frog

Discount Dan is one of those folks that seem like they already are a mentor. He certainly knows enough and is a pretty fun dude to be around.
Dan is the Man. Yes from me!
Yeah totally.
Not much to be said.

hell yeah man
Fuck this guy to the deepest pit of hell. Give him purple
sure sure o7
Quote:yes
Just piling on at this point, but yes. Good experiences, good player.
Discount Dan's is a terrible product. It's full of experimental drugs and the last batch they shipped out I heard had some guy's big toe in the can!

Wait... This isn't the class-action against DD' thread?

Oh, by the way I'm just piling on as well. DD has been around forever, probably longer then I have, and has shown he knows his stuff with regards to nerdacity in space.