Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make a new class of Reagent holder
One that can only be fit into reagent extractors. This would solve the problem of not being able to get reagents out of IV bags, fuel canisters and maybe a few others by letting them be put into reagent extractors.
So you have a container that only fits in this one machine, for the sole purpose of extracting chems from these items? This seems like a bit of a roundabout request. Why not just request a way to extract chems from those items directly?
Roomba Wrote:So you have a container that only fits in this one machine, for the sole purpose of extracting chems from these items? This seems like a bit of a roundabout request. Why not just request a way to extract chems from those items directly?
Balance. there's a reason those containers can be interacted with directly
I dunno, if the core of your request is 'I want these currently unextractable things to be extractable', it seems like it'd be better to just ask for that directly. Making an entirely new container for this sole purpose seems like a clunky workaround and doesn't really balance out the core idea bar making it a little tedious.
Roomba Wrote:I dunno, if the core of your request is 'I want these currently unextractable things to be extractable', it seems like it'd be better to just ask for that directly. Making an entirely new container for this sole purpose seems like a clunky workaround and doesn't really balance out the core idea bar making it a little tedious.
Clunky workaround? That's looking at it the wrong way. The reagent EXTRACTOR extracts things that can't normally be extracted. If you could interact with fuel canisters and IVbags directly then suddenly there are 200u and 250u beakers which would be abused easily. The extractor is the compromise. Means you can only transfer reagents between these containers and normal ones and then only at this machine. Not allowing it to be put into the chem dispenser or chemaster is the whole idea. It's like buffing with a built in nerf for balance.
The obvious solution would be to just make chems from those objects transferrable into regular beakers etc. and back but be unable to be placed into any of the chemistry machines. You don't need a fancy new container just for these two objects.
I think you two are talking past each other?

I'm pretty sure salix is asking to create a new holder class for the items that lets you put a blood bag into an extractor

and I'm pretty sure roomba is thinking they salix is talking about a literal new container in-game item?

I'm totally lost here