Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NT Dialysis Machine
A dialysis machine filters the blood in place of your kidneys to save your life. NT's dialysis machine filters all non-blood chemicals into a container so they can be reused. Oh, and it could probably save a life or something too. Drunk assistants and whatnot.

How would it work? In story? It circulates and filters your blood with advanced space-science methods. In reality? Probably like an IV that just sucks up every non-blood substance from your mob's bloodstream.

Couldn't this be abused? Hopefully. Do you honestly think people would actually use this as a medical device? Yeah, I do. Imagine that. Wouldn't scientists flood medbay to steal it? Beaker ejection requires medbay access. So quid pro quo, bitches. Or just yank my ID. Or emag it. Whatever.

How it would operate depends on whichever way is easiest to code. Click-dragging it onto a mob or vice-versa is one idea.

Also: Portable dialysis machine for the tater at heart. Or maybe to put into crates. Or space-venders. Or all of the above. I dunno. *shrug
As it is, you can do this with a syringe already, which means a device that extracts ONLY chemicals in the blood instead of half blood half chemicals isn't unreasonable.

However, it would also make calomel relatively useless. Perhaps if there's only one, and it's somewhere inconvenient to get to without the help of a doctor, it would be more reasonable.
Maybe add it to the surgical tables, that way you have to be physically lying down in order to use it and you're stuck in either medbay or pharmacy while your blood is drained.

Calomel lets you clean the blood stream anywhere and also works as a poison.
atomic1fire Wrote:Maybe add it to the surgical tables, that way you have to be physically lying down in order to use it and you're stuck in either medbay or pharmacy while your blood is drained.

Calomel lets you clean the blood stream anywhere and also works as a poison.
That's why I suggest that it's somewhere hard to get to without the assistance of a doctor. That way it's not as convenient as calomel. Maybe in the room with the cryo chamber.
Having just one somewhere wouldn't kill anti-tox drugs I think. Might make harvesting certain chems like omnizine easier (donkpockets). Might even get nano machines out if the blood and save someone if the 'disease' hadn't progressed too far.

Maybe also a setting to siphon everything including blood to make it easier to get than syringing like mad.