Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Artifact Gun Cells
Currently artifact gun cells only spawn in artifact guns. It'd be nice if they spawned separately from the guns as well as in them. It's a small thing so there's not that much else to it.
Just make them a new type of tiny artifact. Or, hell, you could even change the pre-existing cell artifacts to be compatible with guns in addition to APCs/cyborgs/etc, if that's possible.
If this were a thing I'd prefer that the current artifact powercells be compatible with the guns. The less artibloat the better. People rarely use articells anyways. It takes effort to ferry them and borgs usually use them to kill you anyways. I forget if the cells for tasers can be changed or not, but that would be a welcome thing too.
I agree with using the current artifact cells for energy weapons. I was actually fairly disappointed that this wasn't already the case.
Houka Wrote:I agree with using the current artifact cells for energy weapons. I was actually fairly disappointed that this wasn't already the case.
Well see the thing with this is how would it work?

I thought about it one time.

Standard weapon cells are 100 capacity [tasers] and 200 capacity [e-gun, laser, phaser, telegun, wave gun].

This can easily be matched with other cells, as the two standard energy cells are 7500 capacity and 15000 capacity, of course this is ignoring the 1000 capacity APC cell.

100/200 is the same as 7500/15000, which makes conversion considerably easier. For every 75 units of charge an energy cell can hold it converts to 1 weapon cell charge, and of course the recharge rate would work the same way, every 75 units of it recharges per tick converts 1 weapon cell recharge per tick.

However, I know nothing of coding, whether or not this is feasible is byond me.