Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Chaplain Rework Discussion/Suggestion Smackdown
(01-26-2017, 05:24 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(01-26-2017, 04:20 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: No need to make the chaplain a gamemode unto itself, or even worse, a necessity.

The point of my bump was not this at all. In fact I'm not too sure how you thought it was. The point was that maybe giving more things to counter the wizard would be a good thing (and I thought the best bet was to go to the chaplain thread) seeing how the wizard is still powerful as hell and seeing how most people just get streamed rolled by a semi competent wizard. I figure a chance of someone joining as a Chaplain and being a real threat to a wizard would be better then nerfing the wizard. Maybe I'm wrong and I can accept that. Hell, I still think the escape spells wizards have are the main reason why everyone says they are such a pain to fight but that's neither here nor there.

That specific post was aimed at some of the more... imaginative, ideas in this thread. Having the chaplain counter 'unholy' antags is great. I agree with it! I wouldn't even mind it being expanded~

(01-23-2017, 11:48 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: I don't think a game mode should be balanced on one dude(ette) who is most likely shit or doesn't even exist.

I just don't want it taken too far. If wizard is OP, then it needs a nerf. I'm afraid using the chaplain as a counterbalance will undermine the necessary. Sorta like putting a bandaid on a gunshot wound.
I think the bible should be able to quote random bible verses.
traitor chaplain is practically already it's own gamemode with the contracts
(01-28-2017, 03:34 PM)zewaka Wrote: traitor chaplain is practically already it's own gamemode with the contracts

There was an older idea that a chaplain should be like security where they can't get antag, which I liked but I wouldn't want to step on contracts toes with that. The only work around I can think of would be to make lawyers a normal job rather than a flavor of the day one
Give him a blessing abiluty:

If used on a container with water, it becomes holy..

If used on a wizard, they lose their abilities until they drink mugwort ( Can be found on Noodles ).

If used on a vampire, they lose their abilities for a time and set him aflame.

If used on a normal crew member, they are healed by a small amount.
Chaplain should get a suit of plate armor, a longsword, and a lay-on-hands ability that fully heals and revives one crewmember per shift or sacrifice of a sinner.
(03-24-2017, 04:43 PM)Maegor Wrote: Give him a blessing abiluty:

If used on a container with water, it becomes holy..

If used on a wizard, they lose their abilities until they drink mugwort ( Can be found on Noodles ).

If used on a vampire, they lose their abilities for a time and set him aflame.

If used on a normal crew member, they are healed by a small amount.

I think this would be used for valid hunting more than anything. Especially if the vampire is unknown.
Pretty sure holy water already does that to vampires in significant quantities
(03-25-2017, 12:22 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Pretty sure holy water already does that to vampires in significant quantities

That is the only reason i added that to the ability.
(03-24-2017, 11:12 PM)Wraithcraft Wrote: I think this would be used for valid hunting more than anything. Especially if the vampire is unknown.

That is something I did not think about
Is this thread still relevant, btw? I'm pretty sure the coders kinda abandoned it but it's still stickied. As far as I know there hasn't been any changes to Chaplain other than the contracts patch
Since this topic, the chaplain has been made more effective against spooky antags too. Even to the point where they can give cluwnes the whole Reverend Rob treatment. I think wraith may have been left out? Maybe they should get the vampire treatment? Or maybe the chaplain could see them and be unaffected by direct p2p powers? I dunno.

I think it's pretty much Mission Successful at this point. Chaplains are actually pretty useful to have around now.
check the more bodies = more wraith thread, as it makes the chaplains body removal crew obj more relevant.

also i guess you could have like, some kind of scheme where each body either cremated or space-buried splits the deceased's bank acct between the station budgets and the chaplains acct. the possibility of this being used for theft and embezzlement by burying wrongly identified bodies is practically an upside, in my mind.

the only question is, how to signal/identify that someone has been given funeral services and thus cause the reappropriation of funds? if its something to do with the id, then people whose ids have been lost or destroyed are unburyable
Okay so, from what i can tell, a lot of this is sitting unfinished in the public release. If nobody else wants to take a crack at it, i may take a look once i'm done with the borg patch.
I would kinda like to see a traitor chaplain organ that makes horrible things happen when played. Adding ??? to food in a large radius, summoning terrible things from beyond, destroying lights, emitting giant clouds of evil smoke, and even worse things the longer the chaplain can play it uninterrupted.
(05-19-2017, 05:04 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: Okay so, from what i can tell, a lot of this is sitting unfinished in the public release. If nobody else wants to take a crack at it, i may take a look once i'm done with the borg patch.

i actually saw daeren on the other week so who knows what he's doing with it

other than that, please do