Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Chaplain Rework Discussion/Suggestion Smackdown
I'm pretty sure I remember some comedy video or song or something talking about how, while all major religions disagree on a lot, they agree that God hates bare heads and wants everyone to wear hats. Something like that.
BlackPhoenix Wrote:I'm pretty sure I remember some comedy video or song or something talking about how, while all major religions disagree on a lot, they agree that God hates bare heads and wants everyone to wear hats. Something like that.
[youtube]https://youtu.be/djSp1NVsTrI[/youtube]
lol why do we even have a youtube button if it's gonna do THAT
poland spring Wrote:lol why do we even have a youtube button if it's gonna do THAT

Only use the video ID at the end of the link.
Nurdock Wrote:
poland spring Wrote:lol why do we even have a youtube button if it's gonna do THAT

Only use the video ID at the end of the link.
YES! I love you people.
Add: Azura, Boethiah, Clavicus Vile, Hermaeus Mora, Hircine, Jyggalag, Malacath, Mehrunes Dagon, Mephala, Meridia, Molag Bal, Namira, Nocturnal, Peryite, Sanguine, Sheogorath, and Vaermina. And give the Chaplain stuff related to em!

Maybe Traitor Cultist would get the ability to buy shit related to em?
Azura's star? Capture a soul and use it to enchant a weapon to Greatly improve it's damage.
Ebony Mail? Fire Resistance, people who attack you with arms get tox damage and normal armor protection for you.
Masque of Clavicus Vile? 55% cheaper prices at shops, or something else?
Oghma Infinium? Makes you stronger, faster at everything.
Ring of Hircine? You can turn into a werewolf once in 10 minutes? for 3 minutes? And you get a magical backpack with all your items inside it but you can't take stuff out of it as a werewolf.
etc... to lazy to type lmao
Could be a rare gimmig tho? Some of these feel kinda OP
^^
bugged...
does [size=50]This :/ where did that size=200 come from? I didn't type it! Wooot?... Gotta report this shit...
Fuck ^^ size=5o aka 50 makes automatically changes to size=50
Why not let the Chaplain choose the name of their god? Thats kinda dumb, I want to praise the sun damnit :darksouls:
What the chaplain needs are more ways to annoy people (and maybe some juggalo gear hidden in a secret room or something)
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:What the chaplain needs are more ways to annoy people (and maybe some juggalo gear hidden in a secret room or something)

Preaching the ways of the Dark Carnival while spraying someone down with Faygo sounds like an A+ way to get murdered. I don't know if it's too meme-y or whatever, but Juggalos are always worth making fun of.
The Worst Wrote:
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:What the chaplain needs are more ways to annoy people (and maybe some juggalo gear hidden in a secret room or something)

Preaching the ways of the Dark Carnival while spraying someone down with Faygo sounds like an A+ way to get murdered. I don't know if it's too meme-y or whatever, but Juggalos are always worth making fun of.

Looks like someone isnt down with the clown.

woo woo!

But seriously, no juggalo stuff in game please. PLEASE.
Dr_Bee Wrote:Looks like someone isnt down with the clown.

woo woo!

But seriously, no juggalo stuff in game please. PLEASE.
Come to think of it I forgot that Juggalos are a Homestuck thing. Please stay out, Homestucks. oh no lidge The clown is all the clown we need and possibly far more than we need.
I feel like the whole domain idea is a little dungeons and dragonsish and that perhaps the better way to do this is to just base the power on the outfit they choose to wear. Less work that way! Plus, allows for thematic powers. I came up with these ideas before I even knew about this thread, so bear with me.

Chaplain: This is a nerf and a buff to the bible: upping it's healing power while restricting it's ability to heal so that it works only if you are wearing the preacher's outfit.

Monk: This one just has so many associated good ideas. I feel like the idea to meditate is essential. It doesn't have to do anything, but it could give you random visions of elsewhere upon the station, maybe a couple seconds each? Might also heal you slowly just as more of an easter egg then anything. Also: associated traitor item: Shaolin Monk Robe. Like the westling belt but kung-fu. More powerful but with more drawbacks. It's a full outfit, it's obvious and more expensive, but you can karate-chop walls and doors.

Tech-Priest: This one has so many overpowered possibilities, it may be hard to balance. electrical resistance and a built in multitool, maybe? For all your machining needs. Also robospeak sort of goes without saying.

Imam: This is a difficult one, because there are many, many awful ideas. I think that giving them the koran as a bible reskin is a start, but also just really lame. Maybe it doesn't heal people, but does some real damage to antagonists?
NewMars Wrote:I feel like the whole domain idea is a little dungeons and dragonsish and that perhaps the better way to do this is to just base the power on the outfit they choose to wear. Less work that way! Plus, allows for thematic powers. I came up with these ideas before I even knew about this thread, so bear with me.

Chaplain: This is a nerf and a buff to the bible: upping it's healing power while restricting it's ability to heal so that it works only if you are wearing the preacher's outfit.

Monk: This one just has so many associated good ideas. I feel like the idea to meditate is essential. It doesn't have to do anything, but it could give you random visions of elsewhere upon the station, maybe a couple seconds each? Might also heal you slowly just as more of an easter egg then anything. Also: associated traitor item: Shaolin Monk Robe. Like the westling belt but kung-fu. More powerful but with more drawbacks. It's a full outfit, it's obvious and more expensive, but you can karate-chop walls and doors.

Tech-Priest: This one has so many overpowered possibilities, it may be hard to balance. electrical resistance and a built in multitool, maybe? For all your machining needs. Also robospeak sort of goes without saying.

Imam: This is a difficult one, because there are many, many awful ideas. I think that giving them the koran as a bible reskin is a start, but also just really lame. Maybe it doesn't heal people, but does some real damage to antagonists?
Basing it on outfits would be a bit OP. because you could quickly switch between them.
I think the chaplain should move away from real life religions because there are no real life brands in goonstation so it'd make sense for there to be no religious brands too. it makes sense aesthetically.
There are real brands, the clown's ID is a Chips Ahoy wrapper.