Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bar-man cocktails give a shartload of ethanol
There's definitely no question that the alcohol system is functional, and I should say straight away that I am quite inexperienced with alcoholic beverages and the consumption thereof. It's more just a general quality of life suggestion more than anything else, really.
Personally, I'd like it if basic drinks relied on serving sizes.

A bottle/glass of beer should equal a wine glass of wine should equal a shot glass of spirits in terms of ethanol per unit.

Mixed drinks and things like grog, moonshine, or welding fuel should have their own levels based on what makes sense thematically.

Ideally, I'd love for there to be a little more to the difference in types of drinks and their effects beyond just ethonal levels. Like, maybe whiskey could make you a meaner drunk compared to vodka making you a sicker drunk.
Yeah, I've got not problem with how it currently is. Limeaide is just around the corner, usually. Just account for slow metabolism if you're drinking. A full shotglass of LIIT at 8 'ept' puts me at 800 units of ethanol with slow metabolism in a single swig? Woo.

and yeah, I'd like some more flavor from the different drinks. Nothing overkill; just enough to make it worthwhile serving different things outside of getting somebody smashed.
You guys are just drinking too quickly. Pace yourselves. ~
salix_catus Wrote:You guys are just drinking too quickly. Pace yourselves. ~
The problem is, due to the way that drinks convert into ethanol, pacing your drinks won't help the drunkness issue very much and can very well make things even worse. If you take a sip of vodka, pause, then take another sip of vodka, you're just adding to the amount of non-converted vodka in your system. Of course, this isn't really a problem that's easily fixed without fucking up the entire system, but it's worth pointing out.
Hufflaw Wrote:This is a suggestion, and you know what? It's a good suggestion, it doesn't make any sense that cider would get you more smashed than ethanol.

This is actually pretty fucking true. In fact, most drinks should translate to 0.4 units of ethanol (40% v/v), and ethanol metabolism rate should be reduced drastically.

Huffnote: argh fuck I left a redirect in idea limbo forever, I have no idea how to fix this or even post in this thread. This got fixed anyway thanks to Erik I think, thanks Erik!