Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Screen Freezing - Text/Chat not freezing
So this has been happening for a while now. I checked the forum to see if there was already a post about it too.
I'll be in the middle of doing anything. Most of the time it times itself perfectly to interfere with a crucial moments.
Basically the image freezes, but only for me, the text carries on and shows me all the terrible things unfolding that I can't stop.
It can be incredibly nasty with It's timing as you can see from these 2 screenshots.

[Image: fbec788dcb.png]
[Image: 456ce67230.png]

It's also taken to crashing quite a lot... Well.. It stops responding anyway

[Image: 2d95942d6a.png]
[Image: 9123ca3296.png]

As far as I know my Byond is fully up to date.
But I am pretty bad at keeping everything up to date, what would be out of date to cause this ?
Java ? Flash ? Any drivers ? Byond? I'm pretty bad for keeping things up to date so any help would be nice.

I FEEL THE NEED TO POST IN HUGE TEXT FOR ????????????????????
I've gotten this before as well. I'm up to date on my BYOND so that's likely not it. I don't think Flash or Java have anything to do with SS13, I could be terribly wrong, though.
Possibly unrelated but my byond tends to seize up when I collapse into unconsciousness. Not entirely sure what causes it, on my old shitty 2nd hand vista i'm fairly sure it was my ram but on my current laptop, 4gb of ram shouldn't cause this, or should it?
To whoever edited my post without posting a reply to help me in anyway, it looked odd on my phone without larger text, never got to see what it looked like on my computer.
Thanks for your help with my problem.

I doubt Its ram related, I kinda have 24gb. Atleast I'm not the only person gettig this problem though right ? Or is that selfish. Heh
Sundance Wrote:Possibly unrelated but my byond tends to seize up when I collapse into unconsciousness. Not entirely sure what causes it, on my old shitty 2nd hand vista i'm fairly sure it was my ram but on my current laptop, 4gb of ram shouldn't cause this, or should it?

Y-you mean even if I upgrade it will still happen?
Sundance Wrote:Possibly unrelated but my byond tends to seize up when I collapse into unconsciousness. Not entirely sure what causes it, on my old shitty 2nd hand vista i'm fairly sure it was my ram but on my current laptop, 4gb of ram shouldn't cause this, or should it?
i feel as if this happens to everyone that gets knocked out/smoked/a pie thrown at their face for the first time. pretty sure it's related to the overlay.
Kirex Wrote:i feel as if this happens to everyone that gets knocked out/smoked/a pie thrown at their face for the first time. pretty sure it's related to the overlay.

THIS would explain why it happens at crucial moments, getting into combat etc... Hopefully someone could shed some light on a way to fix it?
This has been a byond issue forever. As far as I know it's relatively random (although high load situations do seem to trigger it more often) and there aren't any fixes that I'm aware of.