Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gas masks should protect you from riot launcher smoke
gas masks should protect you from coughing and dropping items in smoke from riot launchers
Having activated internals already makes you immune to riot launcher smoke, but I think a gas mask should, at least, protect the user from these effects. It makes no sense for a gas mask to be vulnerable to a field of smoke, that's exactly what it's made to guard against!
I always wondered why a gas mask wasn't, well, a gas mask.

One would think it should protect from any non-biological irritants that affect the covered areas. Then again, I seem to remember a reason for this involving byond logic. Though my memory is awfully hazy this early in the morning, so I'm probably wrong.
I think something is broken or was overlooked, there are tons of checks and vars for permeability and clothing coverage but only the internals check seems to ever matter in practice.

So, uh, yes, gas masks should do that and it shouldn't be too hard to fix.
Gas masks should reduce the effects of breathable chems and gases without internals, since presumably there is an air filter on them.

Would certainly make voice changers more practical since gas masks would probably end up as more commonly worn items.