Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add an emergency radio channel that everybody has access to.
It could maybe use ":x" or":!". The reason for this is that It would be easier to distinguish important information from the mass of green text. Yes, I know you can use PDA's to this effect, but many people discard their PDAs within seconds and PDA chat isn't the most convenient. I see no reason that this shouldn't be added, as goon is chaos enough, what harm will a tiny bit of order do?
how would an emergency channel everyone has access to be any different than just the regular radio
Presumably, a second channel would have a text color that stands out from the green of general chat.

As long as the secondary channel is used only for certain situations, having something that sticks out from the wave a green would be helpful.
Alternatively, if using the PDA was made easier and quicker, an emergency channel wouldn't be needed.

I noticed that it's possible to carry on PDA conversations by just clicking in the chat window when you get messages.

Would it be possible to move PDA funtions to a tab on the right side of the screen rather than having it be required to use it in hand?
I don't find it that difficult to sift through regular conversation for the "HHEEEEEELLLPPPP -- URK", it's pretty noticeable.

For important info, all the heads have access to the station-wide announcements. If you need a message sent out you could just try bringing it up the chain of command.
Frank_Stein Wrote:Alternatively, if using the PDA was made easier and quicker, an emergency channel wouldn't be needed.

I noticed that it's possible to carry on PDA conversations by just clicking in the chat window when you get messages.

Would it be possible to move PDA funtions to a tab on the right side of the screen rather than having it be required to use it in hand?

1) if you have the pda accessible, you can use the pdasay verb to talk to people on your pda without opening the window

2) if you click on a name in the window you can auto respond to that person 's pda messages

3) if you keep the pda window open (I always do) you can access all pda functions without having it in your hand.