Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modern (f)art
Updated slot machine with new perspective

Standard
[Image: RWOW06c.png]

In use (frame by frame)
[Image: TK8KFKM.png] [Image: s3dzHnx.png][Image: B7gDpeE.png][Image: wKgfYQn.png] [Image: AjLFrLh.png]

A preview of it in action!: [Image: 31ZQUlR.gif]

New voice changer (relevant thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4928)

Frame by frame: [Image: kXGNQ96.png][Image: h4AIuyA.png][Image: jJGMULq.png][Image: RI52ZZ2.png][Image: fKfd30s.png]

Preview: [Image: yU6iDwl.gif]
woah
Working on some new fabricators...

[Image: 3fhH8FY.png]

Feedback?

PS. I do requests for stuff. I'm not very good with ideas, so feed me some!
Mofleaker Wrote:Working on some new fabricators...

[Image: 3fhH8FY.png]

Feedback?

PS. I do requests for stuff. I'm not very good with ideas, so feed me some!

They look like they have been squished horizontally, but that might just be me.
Morphing_Dwarf Wrote:They look like they have been squished horizontally, but that might just be me.

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying a particular part looks small, or that the entire unit itself is too small? I was worried that I may have made them too thin.
I think they might need to be tad bit wider, but are otherwise fine.
i touched up the sprite a bit myself to get an idea with what i thought needed improvement, and basically ive come to the conclusion that

-the sprite uses way too many colors, use less pillow shading and just use a small palette
-the rounding on the right side looks weird and needs to go
-theres lots of weird out of place colors all around the place that need fixing
-the light on the right side looks weird

i could show you my touched up version but i feel like just posting it to one-up you would be bad mojo.
also, the second line of black on the absolute bottom isnt needed, you should remove that
quiltyquilty Wrote:i could show you my touched up version but i feel like just posting it to one-up you would be bad mojo.

Not at all, feel free to post whatever touch ups you've made.
Wow there really are too many colors, I counted 28.

[Image: 85w4Pno.jpg]

Also I think a pixel or two on the left side will solve the "squish" issue.
I do like the rounding, but I am not sure where the light is coming from, It's up in the air, in front of the fabricators, tilted to the left? The area near the green light is the darkest yet the edge the face and top share is the brigthest.
Iatots Wrote:Wow there really are too many colors, I counted 28.

Heh, I'm evidently a really unprofessional spriter. Maybe I'll do a little more research on proper color palettes and then come back to this one. In the meantime, thanks for your feedback.
[Image: 7361463ae6.png]
shit that might be too big. pm me for dmi though
Okay, I took into account a little bit of all your suggestions. These are slightly larger and feature a less schizophrenic color palette.

[Image: HAtOqku.png]
After a bit of a hiatus, I decided to finish what I started with these fabricators. Here's a taste of the finished product:

[Image: 2uEHoD2.gif]
A medical fabricator working away!

I also touched up the slot machine. My original was a bit simplistic, I think. Get your compulsive gambling fix here:
[Image: xKKzil9.gif]

DMI links

Fabricators: https://goo.gl/ksqwsO
(Contains working, off, idle, broken and all variations of those with the panel unscrewed as well. jesus christ did I miss anything)

Slot machine: https://goo.gl/axLpwB

Thanks again to quilty and others for the advice.