Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Implementing Good Player Rewards
V12US Wrote:Have giant "Employee of the Week" posters hanging around the station, that display the face of a random crewmember that completed their round objectives the previous round .

Then allow people to deface the posters by drawing mustaches, goaties and other silly crap on them with pens.
This is an awesome idea
V12US Wrote:Have giant "Employee of the Week" posters hanging around the station, that display the face of a random crewmember that completed their round objectives the previous round .

Then allow people to deface the posters by drawing mustaches, goaties and other silly crap on them with pens.

this is a cool idea
Unironically neat idea.

The greatest thing since poo :o
enforcer9 Wrote:The greatest thing since the removal poo :o

Fixed.

I don't like the idea of cross round rewards, it makes for boring people and people who just hide in a closet for the entire round. Also good players get rewarded from all their loot. I mean who would want to start with a taser when you can simply mug bad security officers for theirs every round?
if you punch enough nerds it should raise your rank in the server from three to one
Yeah i'm not really going for the whole rewards for good players idea. It could possibly work if it was more collective in general - if the crew scores well, the next round will have extra stuff or whatever. That way the players have to work together to let everyone benefit - and of course nothing's stopping someone from pissing all over it and sabotaging their efforts.
ISaidNo Wrote:Yeah i'm not really going for the whole rewards for good players idea. It could possibly work if it was more collective in general - if the crew scores well, the next round will have extra stuff or whatever. That way the players have to work together to let everyone benefit - and of course nothing's stopping someone from pissing all over it and sabotaging their efforts.

Suddenly everyone tries to play QM to manipulate the market and send the score through the roof. Rideable cats for everyone.
ISaidNo Wrote:Yeah i'm not really going for the whole rewards for good players idea. It could possibly work if it was more collective in general - if the crew scores well, the next round will have extra stuff or whatever. That way the players have to work together to let everyone benefit - and of course nothing's stopping someone from pissing all over it and sabotaging their efforts.
nerf/fix QMs effect on the market and score-based rewards for the next round might work.

Also, you should be able to set your PIN for your ID card, and have it stay that number. That way, I can share my bling with nerds I hate slightly less than others.
Could rework the score system to be a % based thing. Say engineers have to keep APCs powered, if all the APCs are powered they score 100%. Botanists and QMs and other production jobs would be given targets to hit I guess. They'd go up beyond 100% on their own but not contribute to the main station score after they hit 100%.

Then the overall round score is the average of all the %s that each job earned. If all jobs met their targets, then the station gets a rating of 100% for example. Not that you'd need 100% to get rewarded, though I imagine it'd scale with how well you did past a certain point.
Would all jobs be on a percentage basis, like how many people are above 50% health for doctors, or the percentage of areas clean for janitor?
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:Would all jobs be on a percentage basis, like how many people are above 50% health for doctors, or the percentage of areas clean for janitor?
"number of people NOT bucklecuffed by security"
ISaidNo Wrote:Could rework the score system to be a % based thing. Say engineers have to keep APCs powered, if all the APCs are powered they score 100%. Botanists and QMs and other production jobs would be given targets to hit I guess. They'd go up beyond 100% on their own but not contribute to the main station score after they hit 100%.

Then the overall round score is the average of all the %s that each job earned. If all jobs met their targets, then the station gets a rating of 100% for example. Not that you'd need 100% to get rewarded, though I imagine it'd scale with how well you did past a certain point.
Only if, by some ungodly miracle, the station gets 99%+ in all/most departments, there is some sort of limit-breaking score thing that comes up and allows for bonus points. That way, instead of putting a set limit on score, It becomes more of a threshold.

Lets say 100% in all departments is 1000 points, and you get all the points. Players could then begin working on more "extra" score-boosting activities, such as maybe building buttbots, or having x amount of reinforced floor tiles on the station. But however, these tertiary points can't be attained unless you have the vast majority of the "primary" point areas.

If the station ends up with rewards based off of score, anything <1000 points should be low-tier, such as maybe an extra, random artifact in research; or a small boost to the station's cash next round. After 1000 (or whatever the threshold is) Then perhaps you could get more fun/useful things like a semi-random, always useful artifact (maybe have it select from healing pulse, shield, and other good things?) Or maybe 10 - 15 buttbots would spawn in random areas on the station (I'm not really good at coming up with ideas, these are just examples).

Anyway, just food for thought, I think this would be an interesting concept on the station.
if a chaplain ever completed their impossible optional objective they should get promoted to Spacepope
mozi Wrote:if a chaplain ever completed their impossible optional objective they should get promoted to Spacepope
Yes. This.