Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pinpointers should point at the listening post
...when the disk is in the syndicate shuttle. As it is now once the disk is off the z-level pinpointers will direct you to a random square in space - I suspect that's the nuke's location on a different z-level. Even if you manage to get an agent card and syndicate teleporter, with pinpointers goofed it feels very, very metagamey if you go to try to recover the disk without knowing for sure.
How about instead of an arrow the pinpointer will show "uh oh" when the disk is on the syndicate station?
This would be cool, but to be perfectly honest, the disk being on the shuttle pretty much signifies game over in 19 out of 20 nuke rounds, so I doubt that it would see much use.
The pinpointer should show a skull when the nuke disk gets to the Syndicate outpost.
Having the pinpointer point to the last known location of the disk (on current z-level) would make sense gameplay wise. Though that depends on the gameplay. I always assumed that, here, we pretty much kiss our ass goodbye when the disk makes it to the listening post. Since the rules are kinda grey about going there even during a nuke round, I'd rather just die than risk it unless the HoS is heading up the task. Even then I'm iffy, though I think that's only happened once to me.
The pinpointer is pretty buggy due to the disk being able to respawn.
Vitatroll Wrote:Having the pinpointer point to the last known location of the disk (on current z-level) would make sense gameplay wise. Though that depends on the gameplay. I always assumed that, here, we pretty much kiss our ass goodbye when the disk makes it to the listening post. Since the rules are kinda grey about going there even during a nuke round, I'd rather just die than risk it unless the HoS is heading up the task. Even then I'm iffy, though I think that's only happened once to me.
Chasing the syndies to the listening post in pursuit of the disk is totally okay. It's just heading to the listening post "just in case" or otherwise setting up anti-syndie measures before you even know that there are syndies yet that isn't allowed.