Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electrician Stuff
Oh oops, uh great minds think alike right?
TBH I think electricians and engineers should just be merged into one job at this point..
They should but the laser gun quantity would increase way too much, the other reason is why R&D and medbay don't merge. Because its a standoff and people wil always find a reason to keep the station from being Staff assistants with all access eventually reforming into jobs and merging again. it would be silly.
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:TBH I think electricians and engineers should just be merged into one job at this point..
It really would be a lot easier. If there's one guy who knows how to work the engine the rest of the Engineers have nothing to do. And since the Electrician Lab is right there it would kinda make sense
Personally it'd just be better if both jobs had something more to do.
Engineers have more stuff to do now that they have the option of building pods, that's great.
Electricians need stuff to do, like what's described in this thread.
Personally it'd just be better if both jobs had something more to do.
Engineers have more stuff to do now that they have the option of building pods, that's great.
Electricians need stuff to do, like what's described in this thread.
As I mentioned in Cog's sprites thread, I think Engineers/ Electricians would benefit from being able to create more stuff, in particular the ability to make a fully functional room - APCs, intercoms, furniture, all the wiring etc. APCs being the big one.

I played electrician on most of my rounds last night and quite enjoyed the way they can turn things around - though I had to hack into the solars on at least one occasion. I feel that when I play electrician and get a "at least two cloners" objective, I shouldn't have to put it in the electrician's room or some other random location. I should be able to build an entirely new genetics room (with the help of an engineer, perhaps?) somewhere off the edge of the station. Or even on the ice moon?
Make it so that wall-mounted items (I know that you can scan and build the detective's wall save) can be used on a wall, and then soldered. Saves on them floating in midair.
Niars Wrote:As I mentioned in Cog's sprites thread, I think Engineers/ Electricians would benefit from being able to create more stuff, in particular the ability to make a fully functional room - APCs, intercoms, furniture, all the wiring etc. APCs being the big one.

I played electrician on most of my rounds last night and quite enjoyed the way they can turn things around - though I had to hack into the solars on at least one occasion. I feel that when I play electrician and get a "at least two cloners" objective, I shouldn't have to put it in the electrician's room or some other random location. I should be able to build an entirely new genetics room (with the help of an engineer, perhaps?) somewhere off the edge of the station. Or even on the ice moon?
But can't you just use the blueprint machine thing, make a blueprint of genetics, and go build a copy of genetics with that?

I know it doesn't place EVERYTHING in it (I dont think it places cloners, for example.) But you could use it along with your amazing electrician powers to MAKE an exact copy of genetics, or even have it built sideways because why not?
I haven't had a good amount of time with the blueprint thing, but I'm not entirely sure it builds the APCs. That's the key for me really - there's no way to have a room powered on its own without extending wires from elsewhere, which doesn't work in all situations. I'll give it a try when I get home though. Could be nifty.
Niars Wrote:I haven't had a good amount of time with the blueprint thing, but I'm not entirely sure it builds the APCs. That's the key for me really - there's no way to have a room powered on its own without extending wires from elsewhere, which doesn't work in all situations. I'll give it a try when I get home though. Could be nifty.
Real men disconnect the APC of their room, order an experimental generator from QM, reroute all the wiring of said room to where it's completely disconnected from the outside world, and hook up the generator.

I actually did this -all the time- back when the generators first came out. Along with centcom being unable to charge you your electric bill, you're practically immune to power sinks!
Hah. No, I know things like that are possible, but being able to create your own APC, grab an experimental generator and wander off to make a self-sufficient mini station is my aim. Just add in turret creation and pet securitrons (I guess guardbuddies count) and my den of vice and sun will be complete.
Make specific station items show damaged sprites. e.g during an explosion, a vending machine would break, showing some bent metal and a cracked screen or something.

Fixing them could be the electricians job. Also things like the chemistry machines, kitchen, etc.

Jerks could just grab a fire extinguisher and break things for fun though.
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:TBH I think electricians and engineers should just be merged into one job at this point..

no