Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browser Output: Report yo bugs
Sometimes, part of the chat that has been scrolled up just gets drawn right over the currently drawn chat, so everything becomes garbled and unreadable, BUT it solves itself after a short while so it's not really a problem, maybe it's related to my connection or whatever
Splatpope Wrote:Sometimes, part of the chat that has been scrolled up just gets drawn right over the currently drawn chat, so everything becomes garbled and unreadable, BUT it solves itself after a short while so it's not really a problem, maybe it's related to my connection or whatever

This one is new. If you can manage to reproduce it, please get a screenshot for me xx.
Wire Wrote:
Splatpope Wrote:Sometimes, part of the chat that has been scrolled up just gets drawn right over the currently drawn chat, so everything becomes garbled and unreadable, BUT it solves itself after a short while so it's not really a problem, maybe it's related to my connection or whatever

This one is new. If you can manage to reproduce it, please get a screenshot for me xx.

I couldn't reproduce it, I guess it happened because of the update I had to go through the first time and everything got set up well after that, who knows
the chat keeps stealing focus and I'm not sure what I'm doing to
cause it to happen
According to wire, the chat only steals focus if you move your mouse more than 10 pixels inside it while clicking. Try not moving your mouse while clicking into it.
If it means anything, I have not had this happen since the first time it occurred.
Note that there is a bug related to the focus-clicking also. If your chat window isn't entirely filled with messages, it will just steal focus on click if you click outside the messages area. I will fix this tomorrow.
i don't have any text on it
looks like this:
[Image: 2jw8jAm.png]
As was mentioned several times in the topic, restart your client.
Ok I maaaay have possibly fixed the cache issue when loading for the first time since an update. This should solve the "my chat output is entirely blank" issues. Possibly. It's real hard to reproduce locally in an effective way.

Let me know if the issue still persists after the build is in (like, an hour or so from now).
Bring back .ping!
robsnow Wrote:Bring back .ping!

There are some things that are built into byond that I can't change. This is one of them.

As a workaround I made a new "ping" verb. It doesn't time the response but it otherwise behaves the same.
Expected:
- Chat to reset, welcome message displayed, OOC chat to be displayed.

Actual:
- Chat not reset, keeping everything from the previous round.
- Welcome screen and ready box displayed, able to edit my character and I assume declare ready.
- "Geometry processed in 1.2 seconds!", "Welcome to the pre-game lobby!", and "Please, setup your character and select ready. Game will start in 180 seconds" displayed after the last message from the previous round.
- No welcome message displayed.
- Could use OOC, but could not actually see what was said or what others were saying.

Note:
- Re-joining fixed this issue, and it has not recurred since.
- Took place on the 4th around 9pm EST.
- The geometry processed message is not normally displayed.

Image of said events: (big as heck)
[Image: TzwxQgW.png]
A little bit of an update as what I described in my previous post occurred again. A possible trigger is pressing "adminwho" in the time between rounds, as this is the only thing I believe I did.
I also declared ready, and I was able to join the round. I got the same messages as described above in the beginning, and then got the normal current game mode, OOC disabled, captain, AI, etc. Strangely though I can't see anything anyone says in chat, but I can say stuff which produces a chat bubble just not see it.

What I am getting in chat, even when around people and saying stuff myself:
[Image: nHnRMjx.png]
I just committed an update that may potentially hopefully help with reloading the stupid output window if users fail to initially. Let me know if this fucks up also.

To 69andahalf: try clearing your cache and reconnecting a few times. I have no idea what might be causing your specific issues.