Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browser Output: Report yo bugs
I logged in for the first time in a couple months and the chat window is completely blank. No text despite myself or others talking. It was just a completely blank window save for the options to change text sizes.
Mountain Lightning Wrote:I logged in for the first time in a couple months and the chat window is completely blank. No text despite myself or others talking. It was just a completely blank window save for the options to change text sizes.
This happened to me right after restarting from a White Screen of Death. Another restart fixed it.
I've found that I can no longer scroll up, as every new message will reset it back to the bottom where the most recent message is. I no longer get the new messages pop-up, and I have changed the size of my text.
Also when the round resets you can't scroll up to see the OOC messages or the end round info.
This is pretty small of a bug, but I can't use the .ping command anymore.
Several things you should know currently:
- If the window is jumpy or the buttons don't work, clear your cache. (BYOND preferences, last(?) tab, button).
- If the window is blank white, restart your client. There appears to be an issue with the cache where the resource is used before it finishes downloading after a cache clear.
- If you detect a horizontal scrollbar, post the same kinds of details Ed did.

Ed Venture Wrote:Windows 7 Ultimate, Service pack 1 Build 7601 and IE 8

Could you post the exact version of IE 8? Open it, go to Help > About Internet Explorer and there should be a full version string there.

Also, go in-game and say something, about 150 characters long with no spaces whatsoever. Post the resulting screenshot if there is a horizontal scrollbar.
cgrn10 Wrote:Purchased traitor gear pictures do not appear in the end round report.

This should be fixed now.

69andahalf Wrote:I've found that I can no longer scroll up, as every new message will reset it back to the bottom where the most recent message is. I no longer get the new messages pop-up, and I have changed the size of my text.

This too in the next build.
IE 8.0 Build 7601.17514

I did what you asked and posted in the chat with a 150 characters and the horizontal bar did not appear.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:The ΓΏHead of Security's locker has been unlocked by Don Geon.
Weird characters showing up all over the place

This is fixed now.
Not reporting a bug, just saying how nice the chatbox is acting now. The "new message" box that's on the bottom completely resolves the issue with the chatbox being completely fidgety and resetting its position depending if you have it scrolled on the bottom, or scrolled above. This means you can actually look back through information such as fingerprint scanning or whathaveyou without it acting up, a welcome change.
I'm just curious as to what else this browser output improvement does? I've seen HTML windows within game having different text and behaving smoother (perhaps unrelated?), but what else would this do in terms of gameplay?
I encountered something odd happening if I clicked on the text box my arrow keys would move the chat log rather than my character.
Actually ignore that as I could not get it happen again, so it must have been a fluke.
Vunterslaush Wrote:Actually ignore that as I could not get it happen again, so it must have been a fluke.

A lot of people don't realise that I had to manually code in the functionality from the old output to get it to behave similarly. For this specific issue, there is some javascript in place every time you click on the chat window that changes your focus to the text input area so you can type stuff and not have it steal focus. Now the way I had to do it, meant that it would only change focus properly if you pressed mousedown and released your click in the exact same position, so as a solution I added a "tolerance". This is an amount of pixels that your cursor can move between mousedown and mouseup, wherin it will still move your focus. The current tolerance is set to 10 pixels so it could be that you simply moved your cursor further than 10 pixels in between clicking.

If this continues to be an issue for other people also, I can increase the tolerance amount.
My chat went horizontal twice, and at one point it went away entirely and was replaced by the number "17" in times new roman font, that part is important because I'm pretty sure nothing in chat uses times new roman.
None of those were bugs. Trust me.