Emmanuel 4 HOS 2012
My application version 2, electric boogaloo.

Name (BYOND key): David D Davidson

If referred, by whom: Bruce Hunt (hue), Adrian Murdoch, Roscoe Kaur. Zoey Jorikov.

Hours of availability (include timezone): GMT -6, Western Canada. I'm available in the mornings at 11:30am until 2:30pm. Afternoons, 4:30 until approximately 6:30. From there, 8:30 until anywhere from 7:00am. This is my regular schedule.

Reason for Applying (300 word minimum): I've been I've been hanging around goon for quite awhile under two account names, since the last days of Ovary and on. I lost my first account during the transition to Donut2, and I sorely regretted losing it. I was never very active on the forums then, which I regret. I also played under a different name on Dev and D1, neither of which I really got to know anyone that much.

I played most of my time on Donut2, as I was out of school, and work very suddenly. I used a random name and kept it: Emmanuel Evans. I made a ton of great space buddies, and experienced some awesome events. Bruce Hunt, Oddball, Tof Fugel and Zoey to name a few of my space buddies. Over time, I've watched a large portion of my space friends get the revered Beret/Hat, while I abstained from applying. I feel like the time has come to join my friends, and try my hand at being the height of sec.

I feel like my competency is at the level where I can function in the paradigm required to play a solid HoS. I have the experience as a security officer to know how to process folks intelligently, respond to threats and how to communicate tightly. I know when to laugh, and when to frown, and when to yell for help on the radio. I've been around for all the fire and brimstone courtesy of this wonderful administration; I know the shtick. I've been there for the batshit crazy Rev rounds that leave 38 people in crit crying in the medbay, and the bombings that used to make escaping on the shuttle a real feat! That said, Shroom is still a quality map that was built with the express purpose of alleviating the cramped feeling of Donut; The 23 assistant line in the D2 Courtroom was pretty funny at times, but also prone to round-ruining grife at times. Either way, this isn't about my opinion- I'm supposed to be making a nice impression to let you lads know I'm responsible enough for the Beret.

All the people here have made this game a pretty fantastic experience so far, with only some minor bumps on the road. During my time, I went from an average random to a member of a pretty radical community. Oddly, I'm kind of proud to have these friends on mine. On my little journey, I've had one helluva journey. Without a doubt, this feels like some kind of actualization of the journey, or the acknowledgement of it. If I am given chance with the Beret, I offer up my word that I will try my best with it. Be accountable, and not a total power tripping jerke.

Your usual "IC" name (might help): Emmanuel Evans

Detailed Security Experience (300 word minimum): When I first arrived on Goon, I was a pretty awful security officer. Pretty much the epitome of what you don't want security to be. New, invested in the round, fairly childish. I tried my hand several times on the last days of Ovary, and several times on D1. Both ended horribly, with pubby tears and keyboard slamming. Not smart, or fun.

That changed very quickly with the advent of Donut2. After my lengthened hiatus post Donut1, I arrived back from some particularly troubled times in my life (RIP all my money) to a brand new-ish station. I learned everything I know now from the awesome crew on D2, HoS's and plain old regulars. I learned very quickly to not take anything for face value on 'Space Poo' and to enjoy myself by outputting a more carefree playstyle. I learned to never, ever get heavily invested in any round- you will get burned for whatever reason. Maybe the assistant with the oxygen tank takes a run at you, and you stun him- and his friends robust you. Sometimes, things just are the way they are, you have to learn to smile no matter what. The best thing you can do as a security officer, is go into the round with the aim to help folks. There's a few ways you can do this, but I feel like alot of officer's going into this thing expecting to catch 'da tater' and end up getting disarmed 55344 times by a Staff Assistant, and getting real mad. While I feel bad for them, I was once there and know the feeling. There's always a time to laugh, a time to frown. Times to yell for help, and times to fight for your life. You have to read signals that are very subtle to know the difference sometime, hence the deluge of adminhelps during Rev rounds, or the amount of radio-anger when a less than competent captain uploads a fairly traitorous law- while he is not one himself. These are the merits, or virtues that I follow:

Never let anyone stand beside you for too long, or beside you at all. I learned this one very, very quickly. Pretty much anything nefarious is easier to do when you're pointblank with the guy, and it eliminates your potential to dodge a projectile. Just keep some space between everybody and yourself, without seeming too paranoid.

Always communicate with whoever you are arresting, always talk to them. Especially if you have the time to spare, speaking to that assistant who just bashed in someone's head might just lead to the revolver in the other assistant's backpack- or whatever else. When all hell is breaking loose, information can be very helpful. Personally, it's a pet peeve of mine when my arresting officer just drags me to the brig like a mute, stuns me 2432679 times and sets the timer without saying a word. This happens pretty frequently, and it shouldn't ideally. Seriously, people love it when you talk to them.

Use the brig as a level of detainment, but not the only level. Some guys just want to be shit and break stuff all day, and play cops and robbers with you while they smile like a sperg and giggle. Yeah, to be honest it is sometimes kind of fun to prove your chase/disarming skills. However, that stuff wears pretty thin sometimes. The experience I have, is that they definitely want you to brig them sometimes. Particularly because the cells on Shroom are one man cells- but they have one tile doorways. There has been several instances of escapes where one Staff Assistant stuns two officers and breaks out easily, as the officer must cross that tile to get in the cell. A taser can solve this, but so can a locker in the doorway- etc. I feel the brig is best used when you catch: an honest traitor, caught in the act. Someone you absolutely need to search in peace, or someone involved in a grudge match that will probably kill the other lad if he sees them. Generally, a quick stunning will stop the lighter forms of grife. Sometimes just cuffing them is a nice deterrent. Either way, talk to them and determine what's appropriate. If they scream at you, or don't want to talk- convince them, failing that- search and release etc. Golden rule: Don't go out and ruin everyone's fun because you're sec and have this baton thing in your hand.

Changelings are a different sack of problems. One on one, lings' are P robust by default if the player is intelligent. Acid spit will drop you like a rock on the spot, and preclude any possibility of yelling for help effectively. In the past, I've been dropped by acid spit quite a bit as an officer, and then stung/absorbed etc. It's tricky, and often it's a very up in the air thing when you encounter a suspected changeling. Just follow the golden rule, but with the edge of yelling for help before you reach for that taser. I find that the crew knowing who's who can do alot more for you, than a changeling that's stunned but still able to sting the responding officer. Also, do a test and confirm their status if you didn't see them use a changeling ability. When you get a positive result, gib as necessary. Or offer them the chance to fry themselves!

Wizard is pretty straight forward. There's alot of room for fun here though. If it's a friendly wizard, the round can be extremely entertaining. If they're just there to robust the poo out of everyone, you don't have many options. Especially as a HoS (I'd imagine) it's a pretty clear indication on what to do. Laser em' etc. It's difficult to track wizards, and communication can usually not keep up with phase shift. This is the only exception I found in the past. If he makes a pit stop (dum) nail him, etc.

Nuke, is also very straight forward. Guard the Captain with your life, or if he's really terrible- confiscate the disk and make sure it stays in arm's reach. If there's explosions detected in the first few seconds, strap on your gear and get to the bridge ASAP. Make sure the Captain know's what he's doing, and try to stop the 1:30 second operative victory. It leans heavily in favor of the crew if there's a competent heads/sec team, or a mobilized militia with a decent leader. Laser them/whatever with prejudice. I've always followed this rule, and it's usually worked out well. Communication is key, as the operatives are in the end just dudes with gear- not a wizard or what not. A good running sec team can really hamper the OP's.

That's about it for my experience. Hope it was what you's looking for.

Your Opinion of poo (5 word minimum): My old friend, clutch you in my hand. Smear you on security, throw you in the singularity. Cover the station in you, my dearest poo.

Prosecuted Offenses: A perma on #3 from Draconis for gibbing the chef and lying about it. Resolved. A jobban from RD for bombing the courtroom, cleared. I don't remember anything else. If I missed something, bring it up! Thank you for reading!
In all of the experiences I remember with Emmanuel Evans, he has been very reasonable and a pleasure to work with in Security. I totally give him my Walrus of Approval.
Emmanuel is pretty awesome and I say he deserves the hat.
Emmanuel is a good player and would be a great HoS.

Ebumwell Wrote:The 23 assistant line in the D2 Courtroom was pretty funny at times,

I miss the old Courtroom so much. Some kind of zombie chewing tobacco and crying I g
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:Emmanuel is a good player and would be a great HoS.

Ebumwell Wrote:The 23 assistant line in the D2 Courtroom was pretty funny at times,

I miss the old Courtroom so much. Some kind of zombie chewing tobacco and crying I g

I'll miss D2 for a long time buddy.

I miss alot of things. That's the deal with things that always change. There's guaranteed something you're going to miss.
Emmanuel is a good dude.
On one hand Emmanuel you are a pretty cool dude ingame on the other hand you did that thing where you recommended other dudes while applying yourself + made some shitty posts in a cool thread so eh uh mm hmmm yeah okay you're good
GreenAcidRageSA Wrote:On one hand Emmanuel you are a pretty cool dude ingame on the other hand you did that thing where you recommended other dudes while applying yourself + made some shitty posts in a cool thread so eh uh mm hmmm yeah okay you're good

This
Ebumwell Wrote:
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:Emmanuel is a good player and would be a great HoS.

I'll miss D2 for a long time buddy.

I miss alot of things. That's the deal with things that always change. There's guaranteed something you're going to miss.

That's for sure.
I had no idea Emmanuel wasn't HoS yet.

He is the man, When I was first getting back into the groove on donut 2 after years of hiatus he was happy to talk and help me out a little. And he's robust. Do the math, Cool + Robust = HoS.
Fautzo Wrote:I had no idea Emmanuel wasn't HoS yet.

He is the man, When I was first getting back into the groove on donut 2 after years of hiatus he was happy to talk and help me out a little. And he's robust. Do the math, Cool + Robust = HoS.

Hey budskies. Yeah, forum got bonked while my app was sitting up there for a month and a bit. Feel like this might sit a little too.

Thanks for the support, you're a P radical dude too.
hey so yeah I referred this guy because I think he is a good security man and would therefore also be a good head of security men.
ive said it before ill say it again

oui. si. yes.
Emmanuel's a chill player and would be good for the role.
Emmanuel is really cool, and is a really chill guy as security or not. Yes from this green-haired HoS.