Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making Radio "Supplementary channel" codes permanent.
Maybe I'm just really bad at remembering anything, or maybe I'm just bad in general.

but time and time again I'll be playing Captain, and maybe the round before I was playing as security.

With the Security headsets It's :h for Security, with a command headset It's :g

Going through all of the headsets they switch around and change, should they not be the same for everyone?

:s for Security
:c for command
:m for medical
:e for engineering ?
and keep the ; for general radio. etc etc

I'm annoyed at myself when I send delicate information over :g thinking I'm about to send it to Security and spew it all over the normal frequency.
i support this. I do the same thing all the time
While the change from job to job doesn't bother me, it can be taxing to remember which is the correct frequency for your job.
having :h always be the job related channel would be nice, but yea having others be permanent would help. Also make the silicon channel for borgs be :h and not :s, they dont get access to any other radio frequencies anyway.
As a Captain, I constantly accidentally speak into the Command frequency when I try to speak into the Security frequency. This would be nice.
Suggested radio codes

:x for syndicate

:f for food (barman, chef, and botany) if they have a separate radio.

:r for research and RD (maybe give genetics and robotics access to the research channel so it doesn't seem super empty. Also so they could coordinate stupid experiments like nanobot smoke flamethrowers or testing black powder bombs on fire resistance)

change intercom to :i because :in is confusing when every other radio thing is a single letter.
:s for Security
:c for command
:m for medical
:e for engineering
:f Food
and keep the ; for general radio. etc etc

I like the idea of standardizing it. I get people are used to :h.. but I wouldn't take more than a week for :s to sink in and then It's right there ready for new people, :s makes much more sense than :h
Just examine a headset to figure out which channels it can use and what you type to use each one.
Paineframe Wrote:Just examine a headset to figure out which channels it can use and what you type to use each one.
Except this streamlines it and makes it less stupid. There's a reason all other servers do this already.
:s conflicts with borg implant.
Marquesas Wrote::s conflicts with borg implant.

:r for robot?
A for artificial
b for binary
:g for guard, :s for silicon
UrsulaMejor Wrote::g for guard, :s for silicon
I like this option best, since :g is already used on command sets and no one has to retrain with :s