Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marquesas LLJK#4 Friday, April 17th, 5:15 PM PT
Admin name: Marquesas
Server: LLJK #4
Date/Time: Friday, April 17th, 5:15 PM PT
Synopsis: Rude/insulting behavior
Log:
OOC: Marquesas: that anyone found blowing themselves out of a clown car and even injuring a single person in the process
OOC: Marquesas: is going to take a vacation comparable to any mad bomber
OOC: Marquesas: enough is enough.
Mark Quesadilla (me) [145.9] asks, "Then how do we counter clown cars, then?"
OOC: Marquesas: counter my hairy fat ass
Additional: Admin PM from-Marquesas: also if you're just being unhappy about not being allowed to blow a car's worth of people up i suggest you go back to whatever hole you crawled out of
I have nothing further to add.
Although a certain level of civility is expected of most admin interactions, we are not required to be particularly nice to you when in our judgment, you are being willfully obtuse. Blowing up the clown car kills or severely injures multiple players, which unless you're an antagonist, is Not Okay. Given that almost every possible iteration of behavior has been tried out by various players to see if they can get away with blowing things up if they do X, Y, and Z, you'll understand if we're a little less than patient at what appears to be yet another attempt to figure out how to get away with blowing things up.

Would it have been nicer if he was more pleasant to you? Sure, but it also would have been nicer if we didn't have to deal with a constant stream of jerks trying to invent excuses to go all Commando on the station.
To put everything in context, I'm terribly displeased with the usual curvature of things being
- Introduce /object/
- Someone finds a counter that is borderline griefing but only just enough over the top to think it's justifiable
- At the first mention of /object/, three powergamers beeline to create said counter and put it in place. Serious station and crew damage is accumulated.
- The proverbial last drop lands in an admin's glass
- Either explicitly point out that said counter is against the rules or nerf this counter into a situational use.
- Listen to incessant whining that the easy, griefy counter is now gone/not allowed.

This pattern repeats ad infinitum. Suffice to say I'm not happy when I have to point out in relation to the nine millionth thing that bombing crew is griefing.