Vasco's Mentor Application
Usual Character Name:Vasco Da Gama
BYOND Username:Vascoji
Recommended by (if applicable):
Times Available: (UCT) 16:30-21:00ish on weekdays. Often the entire day on weekends (11:00-22:00ish). I can't say I'd always follow a schedule like this, but I am quite often on the server.

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum):

I have been playing for several months now, not sure how long. I was introduced to this game by a friend, and this has been the only server I've played. I'm familiarized with the game's basic mechanics and a few of the more specific ones: I know how to work in Chemistry, most of Medbay (Pathology still confuses me a bit), a bit of Mechanic's, etc. I have played as every job on the station, so I can answer any of the most basic questions one might have about their jobs. I admit I don't know as much as some of the other players, who might not even be mentors themselves! That's one of the things that make me come back to this game even when I try to avoid it, it is so much fun and there's so much I don't know yet, I daresay I have learned something new or I have perfected the means to do something every single day I have played this game.

Besides my mild amount of experience on the server, I also really enjoy playing on it, I love the people there, I love the general silliness that exists, I love the frequent gimmicks that happen. I learned to stop taking things seriously: I've reached a point where my mindset has shifted from serious traitor rounds to whatever gimmick I (or the other) can manage to do, which more, often than not, end up being fun. I used to think I should kill traitors as soon as I saw them, and it's kind of a good [crazy] thing that this game has changed that.

Summing it all up, it is this enjoyment I've partaked in that makes me want to become a mentor. I remember those troubles I've had in the very beggining of the game, not understanding how to do the very most simple things because of my inexperience. Honestly, I have considered quitting many times on the first times but I had encouragement from a friend to keep playing. What if someone doesn't have a friend like that? Well, you've got the mentors that will help with that frustration, and I want to help those and the others who might know less than me.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will):Had a dayban for doing naughty stuff I shouldn't have done as a non-antagonist.

I would also like to add that I have been warned once for a bit of cross-round metagaming. Not the most harmful kind of metagaming, but I hope I can say that was the only time I've done it. If I get this position I will try my absolute best to do my job correctly.
This is a good bloke who should be a mentor.
I've seen Vasco around a whole bunch since they started playing and they've quickly become a familiar face on the station, I can't recall any negative feelings while playing alongside them either. You get my vote.
Yep, he's a good player and I've never had a bad experience with him. Knows his stuff and particularly stands out when playing a head role. Yes from me.
Thank you for all the support so far!
And I also appreciate the feedback on how I play.
You know what you're doing, and i've never had one ounce of trouble from you. I seen no reason why you won't have purple.
I heartily approve of this application. Vasco's a good fellow and hasn't given me any problems in the past.
I don't know this fellow very well but what I have seen hasn't ever been negative, a player that blends in to the other regular players a bit for me.

Eh, give him mentor. I like the application, too.
I like you every time I see you. Absolutely!
Certainly a yes.
Yes from me
The question is: Do you finally find fucking space India?

(Yes, of course. Vasco is good old player and very nice fella around)
I've seen you around for a long time Vasco. Can't recall any bad times with you and you seem like you know your stuff. A yes from me as well
Definitely no problems with this guy getting purple.

PS: You don't always have to be HoP!
Done.