Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Operating table in the barber's back room
Ever read the description of the barber's pole? I think it would be fun if there was an operating table in the back room just to reflect that historical description.

If someone's up for making it, it could be some plainer version of the medbay operating table, without the EKG on it. Otherwise just throwing the normal medbay one in that room wouldn't be awful.
I kinda like the idea of a backroom surgery table. Maybe it could be resprited to look gross. Like someone bought a used surgery table and that's what they're using.
I also like the idea of a barber being a sleazeball surgeon. Does it hurt? Have a drink! Bleeding out? Hope you got enough change for the MediVend! v
To go along with this I suggest that the razor blade can act as a hobo-scalpel and that the chef be given a pizza cutter for the same reason for the circular saw.
http://www.tubechop.com/watch/5707769
you should be able to just right-click the barber's chair to fold it back into an operating table(even while someone's strapped into it getting a haircut)

also straight razor on someone's head when they're on an operating table should cut their throat and immediately ratchet bleeding up to max
I think it would be neat if the barber chair can fold out into an operating table. Alternatively there can just be a fold-out table in the back room with a cloth on it.

If we wanna go the extra mile, some bandages, liquor (as a sedative) and a hacksaw could be thrown into that empty crate in the back.
It's a neat idea.

Although there is a surgery table directly next to the bar already.

Also who would willingly ask the barman to have their spleen cut out, or whatever other terrible idea they had in mind.

Neat Idea though, would add flavor if nothing else, maybe a Cog2 idea right here.
Floor flushers behind the chairs that lead to the chef's meat locker tia.
Jean-Luc_Picard Wrote:It's a neat idea.

Although there is a surgery table directly next to the bar already.

Also who would willingly ask the barman to have their spleen cut out, or whatever other terrible idea they had in mind.

Neat Idea though, would add flavor if nothing else, maybe a Cog2 idea right here.

The problem with this is that it's rarely staffed...and when it is, people will run all the way to the other medbay even if they're hurt in the bar.

I think this is a good idea, I'm sure I mentioned it once on the other forums. Didn't realise the description actually referenced it!

I think the payoff for the razor blade as scapel should be that it causes more rapid bleeding. Maybe even have a strap to sharpen it so it starts out only a little worse than a scapel but quickly becomes more damaging if you don't remember to sharpen it.
Xeram Wrote:To go along with this I suggest that the razor blade can act as a hobo-scalpel and that the chef be given a pizza cutter for the same reason for the circular saw.
Yeah, something like that would be nice. Makeshift scapels are easy to get ahold of, but saws are a bit harder. As far as I know, chainsaws are the only makeshift kind,and those are probably harder to get a hold of than just a regular saw.

I like the idea of the Barber Shop being the location for quick and dirty body modification, no questions asked. I think tattoos and dental work were also suggested as things that could happen there. Maybe throw in some plastic surgery in for a one stop shop for changing your appearance?
Frank_Stein Wrote:As far as I know, chainsaws are the only makeshift kind,and those are probably harder to get a hold of than just a regular saw.

I'm pretty sure you're right, that's why I suggest some sort of crusty hacksaw in that room.
I would just use the manufacturer in medbay to get a scapel and saw.

Doctors generally don't kick out trespassers and security generally doesn't care about carrying a scalpel or bone saw.
atomic1fire Wrote:I would just use the manufacturer in medbay to get a scapel and saw.

Doctors generally don't kick out trespassers and security generally doesn't care about carrying a scalpel or bone saw.

Unconventional tools give more flavour.
I like this idea a lot, but the problem everyone has already pointed out with this is the fact that there is only one replacement for the circular saw. The only solution I see for this is to add a hacksaw or an old style bone saw.