Fuck it's this guy again - TheHman03's Mentor/HoS App.
Usual Character Name: Reginald Hempmaster III, H.E.M.P. Master as AI/Cyborg

BYOND Username:TheHman03

Recommended by (if applicable): Rite Krel stuffed me into the brig after i cuffed myself and told me to just go for it so i'm counting that.

Times Available: Fluctuates, 12/3 PM - 10 PM/12 AM

Reason for Application (300 word minimum): Some of you might remember me as a huge fuckler, that's just, I have a pretty interesting background in terms of this kind of stuff, but the truth is that I've grown from it, I've done a lot of thinking on the matter, and i realized just how I fucked up, but i want to come back and actually be a bigger part of the community, instead of being a little shit who runs around farting all day, I'd enjoy teaching the ways of our lord the swirlie god to the newer players of security, and teaching general things to newer players, no more fucking about with not being helpful, i've realized that i need to pull my socks up and get out there, actually helping out. It's been a year, and in this time I think I can say i've gotten a whole lot better in general knowledge and attitude, and would be grateful to be accepted back from the pit that i dug myself into. I feel that with the changes coming to the game with the addition of new coders, such as advanced surgery, newer drinks and foods and other additions, new players could use help from more mentors in return. With my time spent in game, over two years, i think that i could be a valuable resource and addition to the mentor community. I know my way around chemistry, the engine, the station and more, and with a lot of my time being spent dead by suicide, i think that a breath of fresh air in the system would be pretty valuable to myself and those around me. I have great hopes for the future, and i hope they'll be made a reality by then. that sentence makes no sense, the future is constantly in the future and it never meets up with the present!

Security Experience (300 word minimum): I've played security a lot in my day, mainly doing either buddy cop style patrols around the station or ticketing people for minor crimes, with a bit of detective on the side, and i'm not gonna lie, i'm not someone who's gonna let you off with a warning for going around murdering people, it's not how i roll and it's not how things should work, you do the crime you do the time/get a ticket. I also enjoy running a little border security song and dance up at the bar security office, basically checking baggage for anything silly or illegal and confiscating it/giving a ticket if it would be considered smuggling, it's a fun little thing that keeps you occupied. A good farting or a swirlie usually suffices for theft or other similarly harmless crimes in my book. Syndicates are a big threat and should probably be spaced or dealt with accordingly, in the form of a shoot out, the same goes for vampires, changelings and clowns, which are all equally annoying to deal with and deadly. I'm a firm believer in trials because oh lord they're hilarious and it works as a good way to keep the prisoners entertained while they serve their sentence, and entertainment is a crucial part of this space farting game and we all know it. Basically, i've run small gimmicks in the past and im glad that they usually get a pretty good response from the people who partake in them, especially from my partners in anti-crime. Like we usually walk around cracking jokes but some times we get onto something big and then we detective that shit up for the entire round until at the last minute we catch the guy responsible for everything because his power gloves ran out of juice and he gave up, this actually happened and it was fucking rad as heck let me tell you.

In your opinion, what are the flaws and benefits of the current security layout (brig, cells, security room etc): The two seperate brigs design is great, i love the prisoner meeting room, the entryway still has that shrub that everyone hides in to rush security, which is annoying,and the armoury is still super easy to get into.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): Banned once over a misunderstanding years ago, banned from ai/cyborg once.
I've not seen you in game(names sometimes escape me.) Also, you were already allowed the chance to be a mentor and fucked that one up, made another application which was dutifully denied as well. However, I believe that you could be okay given that ya don't fuck up again.

Personally a no from me given the history. I'm sure people have some good stuff to say!
I think it's been a reasonable time, and that he isn't poo anymore being a big factor. He wanted to apply again but was scared people would bring up his past.

A lot of people don't change from the past *cough cough nudge nudge wink wink*, but I think he has changed from being a shit. I've seen him do good security work, the round I told him to go write it he arrested himself for being in possession of illicit drugs. He isn't a hugbox, he isn't the gestapo.

I wouldn't disagree with him getting a beret and all that purple stuff.
Hahahaha no.

You never ever play, I haven't seen you in SS13 since you were de-mentored. You just sit in irc and cry about head surgeon.

Play more and stick around.
Ali0en Wrote:Hahahaha no.

You never ever play, I haven't seen you in SS13 since you were de-mentored. You just sit in irc and cry about head surgeon.

Play more and stick around.

what
a case of me hitting a button too early, what do you mean by crying about headsurgeon, also you must be on at a different time than me because i've been around for quite a bit.
Aye, I've seen him playing around the past while, I don't know what you're on about.

That being said, I think you're fine to be a mentor again, but no for HoS, not yet anyway. I mean, it takes a pretty damn good effort in the art of being hitler and or dumb to lose mentor in the first place and it's going to take a good while to completely strike that from the dun goofed record as far as HoS goes.
I've seen you around as Reginald Hempmaster before, and I can vouch for you being A Dude That Knows His Stuff. Despite that, I haven't seen you around at all lately,(roughly since 2014-ish) nevermind having seen you as security. That could easily be explained by us simply not playing at the same time, though. No need to be a rude jerk about it.

Yes for mentor-ship from me at least.
Similarly to others here, I've seen you kicking around every now and then and can affirm that, by and large, you are not an absolutely terrible human being and also have an idea as to what you're doing. However, I have yet to make note of any prominent security experiences involving you, so I'm giving a vote of yes to mentor but a vote of no for HoS, if only because I simply don't have the information to make a good judgment call there.

It's probably also worth mentioning that I either wasn't around during the time that this guy got into all of his bad shit or I just wasn't paying attention, so I can say with as much certainty as is possible that my opinion is pretty much unbiased. At least, as unbiased as opinions can be.
I know you know your stuff since the last time you were mentor and I say yes to becoming a mentor but a no to being a HOS. I have barely seen you play security in all the time I've known you.
I see no problem with him being a mentor again, but for HoS, I can't really say I've seen you on sec a whole lot, probably due to me be absent for like 2-3 months now.
You know what, it's great to see people being open minded towards me, thank you all for the kind words.
I've been pretty happy to have you around when I'm HoS myself, so yeah, I'd be down with you being upgraded again.
I haven't really seen you play security but I'd be totally down for having you as a mentor.
When I heard about him being scared to applicate again for the position I didn't even remember who he was, so I guess that means he's not a horrible figure anymore.

I've seen him in a few rounds, and he certainly knows his stuff when it comes to the game itself. His security work is not horrible either, so I'd be fine with his getting the beret too.