Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Empty poison bottle
Couldn't find if this has been posted before..

You have a small chance of spawning a traitor poison bottle that's completely empty. That's right, 1tc for an empty bottle. That's like, only somewhat less effective than sulfanol!
And yes, i made sure I didn't splash accidentally on something, went through my entire log to check if I ever transferred it to perhaps another beaker.. nope. All I did was spawn the bottles and put them in a box. Another mentor on the after round ooc confirmed that this happened to him too, so this is a good a time as any to report it as a bug. Unless the gamble with poisons bottles involve no poison bottles, then at least that should be stated.
It's probably also worth mentioning that, from what I remember, sometimes the chemicals in the poison bottles are completely clear in color even when they aren't supposed to be clear. Then again, my memory's fuzzy on that and it might have gotten fixed in the interim.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:It's probably also worth mentioning that, from what I remember, sometimes the chemicals in the poison bottles are completely clear in color even when they aren't supposed to be clear. Then again, my memory's fuzzy on that and it might have gotten fixed in the interim.

I get what you're implying, I scanned all the traitor bottles with a reagent scanner to find what I got. "nothing" was one of them.
I'm the other mentor in question. I spawned my goods from a surplus crate, and the poison bottle in question was one of them. As soon as I picked it up, I decided to check which poison was inside it, but instead I found out it was empty, as in, nothing, nada. Since I didn't buy it myself I thought it was no big deal and just went with the rest of my goodies, but I can see how someone wanting to get actual stuff from it could have his round 'ruined' by this, but yeah if not getting anything inside the bottles is a thing that can happen it should be part of the description of the item.
if it's intentional it's dumb, you shouldn't spend telecrystals and then get an arbitrary "eh, fuck you, you get nothing"

although, a poison that is literally undetectable and doesn't show up on reagent scans or examinations would be pretty cool
I think I've also had this happen to me before. When it happened I thought I had somehow poured out the contents and just shrugged it off, though later I had heard of a person receiving an empty poison bottle and I realized that what had happened to me may have not been my own stupidity.
I know what causes this, it's just a matter of hunting down which reagent is the guilty party here.
Old initrobeedil?