Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Events = Ideas for PvE here
Winklabom Wrote:Bring back blowouts. I love those.
Yes I want this.
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:random minor damage to station at the start of the round (i.e. rusted pipes) to give the engineers something else to do.

If the payroll runs dry too long, random event where every assistant gets traitor objectives wget and emailed

Monkeys getting in random fights in the lab monkey pen

Toilets getting clogged and regurgitating all flushed items

The syndicate mailing unmarked crates to QM, most of which contain drones, angry space bugs, maneaters, or bombs. Occasionally they'll screw up and send something cool or useful, but you might want to talk some assistant into opening the crate.

Seeing as staff assistant is my favorite job, I'd be all over things that would (a) potentially kill me but have a high risk-reward factor involved that aren't antagonists wasting us poor greyshirts by the dozen (b) giving greyshirts something to try to do other than scrawl "Hos huffs bee farts" outside of security © make the station more "lively"

Oh man I really miss these as well.
Ed Venture Wrote:

What are those?
medsal15 Wrote:What are those?
Spooky alarms go off. Things start shaking. The station gets flooded with radiation. All the lightbulbs break. You have to take cover in the maintenance tunnels until it blows over. A bunch of artifacts are left behind.
sometimes start the round with a part of the station having to be repaired
medsal15 Wrote:
Ed Venture Wrote:

What are those?

Basically what Frank_Stein said.

If you are not in a maintenance tunnel before it starts, you might as well be considered dead.

It was heavily inspired by the emissions in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R series (which are -fantastic- games by the way) :

Vunterslaush Wrote:

I agree with Frank, though: having all of the lights explode is a bit irritating, especially if it's early in the round. Maybe have the lights eerily flicker on and off instead?

Also let's toss the Wish Granter back in too. It isn't a proper S.T.A.L.K.E.R experience without some deep, scary voice shouting 'COME TO MEEEEE' in Ukrainian.

As for some original ideas:

-Space Barnacles/Starfish: Some of the extra-humid bits of maintenance have been infested with carnivorous Space Barnacles/Starfish. Barnacle/Starfish clusters lash out at passerby and slowly spread if left alone. Think Space Fungi, but meaner.

-Maintenance Dogs: Exactly what it says on the tin. Littering and reckless food-tossing has attracted packs of wild dogs to the station. In space, no one can call Animal Control.

-Mini-Men: Think The Borrowers, but in space! Tiny people who creep around under the station's collective nose stealing objects for their own nefarious purposes. Can be dispatched with a good stomping, but groups can be dangerous.

-The Stench: In the mid-2000's, mankind tried to solve Earth's waste problem by flinging massive chunks of garbage into space. Whodathunk that practice would come back to haunt anyone? A hunk of garbage collides with the station causing nearby crew members to gag, dry-heave, and possibly even pass out if they aren't wearing proper internals. The only way to get rid of the ungodly stink is to hack away at the garbage hunk using fire or some other method. Some garbage hunks are pretty innocent, but others contain radioactive waste.

-Debris Storm: Chunks of scrap, debris, and sometimes supplies slam into the station causing hull damage in the worst cases and giving the crew cool toys in the best cases. Stay indoors!

-Visitors: Intelligent Life is out there, and they're a bunch of assholes. A UFO and its crew buzz the station looking for crewmen and monkeys to abduct. If the ship isn't destroyed quickly, it will send Grays to the station to incapacitate and abduct crew members for cruel(-er than Genetics) experiments (death).
BruiseCruise Wrote:
Vunterslaush Wrote:

I agree with Frank, though: having all of the lights explode is a bit irritating, especially if it's early in the round. Maybe have the lights eerily flicker on and off instead?

Also let's toss the Wish Granter back in too. It isn't a proper S.T.A.L.K.E.R experience without some deep, scary voice shouting 'COME TO MEEEEE' in Ukrainian.

As for some original ideas:

-Space Barnacles/Starfish: Some of the extra-humid bits of maintenance have been infested with carnivorous Space Barnacles/Starfish. Barnacle/Starfish clusters lash out at passerby and slowly spread if left alone. Think Space Fungi, but meaner.

-Maintenance Dogs: Exactly what it says on the tin. Littering and reckless food-tossing has attracted packs of wild dogs to the station. In space, no one can call Animal Control.

-Mini-Men: Think The Borrowers, but in space! Tiny people who creep around under the station's collective nose stealing objects for their own nefarious purposes. Can be dispatched with a good stomping, but groups can be dangerous.

-The Stench: In the mid-2000's, mankind tried to solve Earth's waste problem by flinging massive chunks of garbage into space. Whodathunk that practice would come back to haunt anyone? A hunk of garbage collides with the station causing nearby crew members to gag, dry-heave, and possibly even pass out if they aren't wearing proper internals. The only way to get rid of the ungodly stink is to hack away at the garbage hunk using fire or some other method. Some garbage hunks are pretty innocent, but others contain radioactive waste.

-Debris Storm: Chunks of scrap, debris, and sometimes supplies slam into the station causing hull damage in the worst cases and giving the crew cool toys in the best cases. Stay indoors!

-Visitors: Intelligent Life is out there, and they're a bunch of assholes. A UFO and its crew buzz the station looking for crewmen and monkeys to abduct. If the ship isn't destroyed quickly, it will send Grays to the station to incapacitate and abduct crew members for cruel(-er than Genetics) experiments (death).

I really like the barnacles idea, the rest is also pretty neato.
Space Lice/Fleas/Mites: You can catch them from interacting with monkeys and critters. Can spread from clothing, standing too close to someone infested with them. Will make you itchy. Get rid of them by showering or getting sprayed with pesticide.

Junk Radio: A stray advertisement satellite drifts from space and appears outside the station, broadcasting a bunch of junk over the radio channel. Go shoot it down in a pod or dismantle it to shut it up.

Bizarro Station: Portals to an alternate reality open up, with several slightly different versions of existing crew members emerging. They attempt to imitate the originals to spread confusion.
Space Traffic Enforcement: If you leave a pod parked someplace that isn't a hangar for an extended period of time, a man in a space suit shows up and sticks a boot on the pod, making it so you can't drive it. They also leave a ticket, which can be paid at an ATM to remove the boot. Killing the man stops this from happening the rest of the round.
Frank_Stein Wrote:Space Traffic Enforcement: If you leave a pod parked someplace that isn't a hangar for an extended period of time, a man in a space suit shows up and sticks a boot on the pod, making it so you can't drive it. They also leave a ticket, which can be paid at an ATM to remove the boot. Killing the man stops this from happening the rest of the round.
Killing them should give a chance of a gang of STE Officials raiding the station for revenge.
Demoniac entity's arrival: As the name says a demoniac entity arrives and makes the station chaotic by: Transforming floors into organic floors, spawning evil minions, making weird noises and having a "summon" artifact (these are not created by any known society). The only way to stop it is by destroying the artifact which is more protected than any of the other parts of the station. When 95% of the floor on the station is organic it starts to transform the walls into organic walls (and maybe living walls). Extremely rare.