Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did you know?
That is very clever. I love it, and I'm fairly sure it is partly why some of the APCs were placed in maintenance tunnels.
Fun fact: Before detective's office was moved it was the weakest point in security if you APC hack.

Detective's APC powered the doors connecting it to security > Security's APC is right next to where those doors used to be > from there you could probably access brig, while simoltaniously getting engineers yelled at.

There should probably be more security things on APCs (especially considering they don't shock you if you hack them AFAIK), but that would be less fun.

There's more evil things you can do, like kill the power, wait for someone to try to fix it, then stab/sting them. Or swap out the power cell with a sabotaged one. Once someone tries to turn the APC back on it explodes.

Move a welding fluid tank close to it if you want a explosion too. Or fill that area with welding fluid floor tiles, then kill the power and swap the battery.

There's lots of sneaky options.
atomic1fire Wrote:Fun fact: Before detective's office was moved it was the weakest point in security if you APC hack.

Detective's APC powered the doors connecting it to security > Security's APC is right next to where those doors used to be > from there you could probably access brig, while simoltaniously getting engineers yelled at.

There should probably be more security things on APCs (especially considering they don't shock you if you hack them AFAIK), but that would be less fun.

There's more evil things you can do, like kill the power, wait for someone to try to fix it, then stab/sting them. Or swap out the power cell with a sabotaged one. Once someone tries to turn the APC back on it explodes.

Move a welding fluid tank close to it if you want a explosion too. Or fill that area with welding fluid floor tiles, then kill the power and swap the battery.

There's lots of sneaky options.

One of the most evil things to do is when you activate the killswitchs for the AI and cyborgs, to take the powercell from the APC there. Most people don't know off the top of their head where to find another powercell, let alone if you actually close it and lock the APC. Prepare for some super salty cyborgs though.
You can also use a timely shut down of the Genetics APC to out-right gib someone who is cloning if you do it soon enough to the start of the cloning cycle. I have done this as a rogue AI and borg numerous times.
69andahalf Wrote:One of the most evil things to do is when you activate the killswitchs for the AI and cyborgs, to take the powercell from the APC there. Most people don't know off the top of their head where to find another powercell, let alone if you actually close it and lock the APC. Prepare for some super salty cyborgs though.
However, I'm pretty sure that the AI can still deactivate the killswitch even if the power's off, so long as they still have the menu up. Somehow. Trust me, I'm not complaining.
It's not a super unknown, however you can laser the AI's turrets. You can also use a phaser, but you're gonna need a second phaser as it takes multiple charges.

It may make the AI defenseless against future rewrites, but it's great for dealing with an angry AI, as they're powerless to stop you as you mess with their laws.
DyssalC Wrote:It's not a super unknown, however you can laser the AI's turrets. You can also use a phaser, but you're gonna need a second phaser as it takes multiple charges.

It may make the AI defenseless against future rewrites, but it's great for dealing with an angry AI, as they're powerless to stop you as you mess with their laws.

You can also build lockers which you can click move around when pulling to block it's shots. Really good for stealing the AI as you can block the two bottom turrets in it's chamber. (for those too lazy to get a laser or phaser)
As an AI: If you turn off your upload APC, that will prevent people from uploading laws. It also turns off the turret, so pick which is more important to you right this second.