Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crate Escape
Its kinda irritating the fact you cannot escape a crate or a locker, yet you can escape handcuffs in 45 seconds. Without a key. Yep. Or atleast add a resist in crate or locker, 3 minutes or so, and then you pop out, and it stays open permanently.
It kind of makes sense. I mean if you weld a locker shut the guy is basically stuck in a metal cube. And there's no way to force open a locker short of explosives.

Crates though, yeah, you should totally be able to bust out of. They aren't even locked. I don't know if it's intentional or a bug but from what I understand the reason you can't get out of crates is that they force you to stay lying down and in SS13 lying down paralyzes you and you're completely incapable of any motion other than standing back up.
Crates should definitely be escapable with a minute or two of BYOND time. At best there's a flimsy latch holding it shut. It should take quite a while to escape an ID-locked locker, and escaping a welded one should be impossible.

The escaping process should also make the "bang, BANG" noise occasionally, so people will know you're stuck in there and possibly release you on their own.
every other station gives you the option of escaping crates and when I crate people I love that they can't get out but when I get crated I hate it so it is a narrow road best forgotten young one
I'm bumping this for you darkgeneral. This NEEDS to be a thing. It's so stupid to get trapped in crates that anybody can open.... I think it's stupid
Concerning handcuffs I think you should suffer damage when you escape them because what you're obviously doing is the whole "Dislocating my thumbs" trick to escape. So add something like 15-25 damage penalty to escaping cuffs.
Winged_Chiller Wrote:Concerning handcuffs I think you should suffer damage when you escape them because what you're obviously doing is the whole "Dislocating my thumbs" trick to escape. So add something like 15-25 damage penalty to escaping cuffs.
Handcuffing as a deadly weapon? Oh dear.
Winged_Chiller Wrote:Concerning handcuffs I think you should suffer damage when you escape them because what you're obviously doing is the whole "Dislocating my thumbs" trick to escape. So add something like 15-25 damage penalty to escaping cuffs.
Pubbie McShitter says: "You are in the red, with 20 health left. Taking off those handcuffs has a 50/50 chance of killing you. That bomb will go off in 50 seconds when I place it. Are you feeling lucky, punk?"
Grifo the Clown says: "You're a monster! A monster!"
Grifo the Clown attempts to break out of the handcuffs!
Grifo the Clown breaks free of the handcuffs!
Grifo the Clown falls limp and lifeless.
BlackPhoenix Wrote:
Pubbie McShitter says: "You are in the red, with 20 health left. Taking off those handcuffs has a 50/50 chance of killing you. That bomb will go off in 50 seconds when I place it. Are you feeling lucky, punk?"
Grifo the Clown says: "You're a monster! A monster!"
Grifo the Clown attempts to break out of the handcuffs!
Grifo the Clown breaks free of the handcuffs!
Grifo the Clown falls limp and lifeless.
It seems alot more sensible and fun when put in this perspective, thumbs up!
ok sure