Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Voice Changer That Doesn't Suck
I made this post a few months ago:

Quote:I propose we make the voice changer, a tool which is supposed to aid in stealth, less blatantly obvious.

Here's the idea: Make the voice changer a small piece of tech which can be popped in and out of any face slot item like a derringer.

The problem with the voice changer is its sprite, it takes on the appearance of a relatively uncommon gas mask (the one without a filter) and can usually be spotted a mile away. Allowing the voice changer to be combined with any face slot item would make way for some clever and nefarious applications:

Impersonate the seemlingly innocent clown!
Combine it with the fake moustache and become the master of disguise!
Wear the Walter White mask and rob the HoP!

The cost should probably be increased a bit.
Also do syndicate DNA scramblers still exist? If so they're bullshit in syndie rounds and this would be a much more balanced alternative.

...A few posts later...

I'm glad you think so! I was feeling creative so I took a crack at a military-looking speaker-thing to give an idea:
[Image: IIXNRfi.gif]
I'm no artist so it could probably use a few touches here or there. (or be scrapped entirely)

My post got some support but nothing ever came of it (perhaps due to being lost the megathread it was originally in) but I still think it's a great idea. Since I've started playing again I've seen the voice changer used a grand total of 0 times. I'd like to see this underrated and ancient traitor item get some love.
This would make the voice changer way better.
This is a good idea imo.
Yes please.
Definitely - do it.
As someone who makes brutally effective use of the voicechanger even in it's current form, I wholeheartedly support this. Now I can disguise as the syndicate nuke op clown and steal the disk by slipping the captain on a banana peel.
Yes please!
I had been thinking of making a thread about it's sprite, as until recently I had never even seen the genuine gasmask that the voice changer imitates (scientists are always either throwing on hats or covering themselves in acid). Being able to put it in any mask item would be brilliant. If doing that raises its TC cost, keep the current one as a cheaper option, but switch it to the emergency gas mask sprite ie the gas mask that people actually wear.
Voice changer is one of my favorite traitor items even despite its drawbacks, it would be cool to see this.

There was a thread a while back that also had the idea of allowing voice changers to give the user accents or effects (like Chav accent, or drunken slurring) and I think that would be cool too.
I redid the sprite a bit.

Tell me what you like better:

[Image: vUeTYdm.gif]
vs.
[Image: IIXNRfi.gif]

Alternatively, tell me to give up on spriting forever.