Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Idea] Mobile AI Core
I don't mean like legs or nothing, but I think it would be funny if people were about to have AI cores drive Clown Cars or help them up onto Segways.
AI on a track.
AIs can already board and drive pods and, unless I'm mistaken, be loaded onto MULEs. Some more functionality along those lines would be really cool.

...actually, can AI shells board and drive pods? If not, I think that the ability for the AI to remote-control a couple of pods to assist/terrify the crew with would be cool.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:AIs can already board and drive pods and, unless I'm mistaken, be loaded onto MULEs. Some more functionality along those lines would be really cool.

...actually, can AI shells board and drive pods? If not, I think that the ability for the AI to remote-control a couple of pods to assist/terrify the crew with would be cool.

Yes AI shells can totally board pods. I would support the idea of a shell being able to board a segway, but not the clown car mainly due to the fact that its clown only.
Not only can the AI shell board/drive pods, so can the AI core. This rarely ever comes into play, though.
You know there was a discussion on giving the AI train-tracks and allowing it and it's turrents to ride around the station using them

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3030&hilit=Ai+train
Before that, it would be nice if AI shells could use ladders so they could participate in telesci adventures (I was in that position a long time ago, that's why I bring it up).
Along the lines of letting the AI physically interact with more things: Whoever was planning to let AI control modules potentially take the place of cyborg brains to let the AI remote-control cyborg bodies (I think it was Haine who was in charge of that?) should get on that if possible. It doesn't seem too difficult to code in, and would allow for some interesting scenarios.
AI's motorized dolly.