Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Voice of the Blob
The idea has been brought up before (in game) that it would be neat if the blob could communicate with those not of it's kind. This post/thread is my attempt to try and ascertain the possibility of this coming to fruition. I believe this feature would be really neat and would be something extra for those confident in their blobbery to mess with. Whether it's taunting the crew or entertaining them, it should be fun for all those involved.

I'll try and lay out a couple of ways I can see this being implemented. I'd like to see more ideas from others, as it's been discussed before, I'm sure there are plenty.

Idea 1, the Cell:
a) Once a player has been absorbed, a blob could convert said cell into a speaker cell (forgive the name) which would allow the blob to talk through that person and their radio (or just 145.9 to keep from tracking). This would simulate speaking -through- the corpse which could then be 'rescued' if the cell was destroyed.

b) Once initially absorbed, a blob could merge with the player completely and 'steal' said player's voice. This could be used to take out that nasty HoS permanently (unless they went to genetics first) and then using their voice to taunt them in their eternal slumber, or just to ramble about bees. This especially would have to be balanced one way or another. Whether by point cost, or making it a one off thing for that special someone.

c) A cell that creates and transmits radio waves. Neat. Though that would leave your voice as Blob Overmind. Having it able to mimic anyone's voices would require a lot of balancing. If anything to just keep it from being annoying. Two things at the top of the list would be a decent cooldown aalnd al bloobby llyke alcceent even though it would be directly crafted with electromagnetic waves. space science!

Idea 2, DNA:
Simply make have the blob be able to simulate the voice of those it's absorbed. DNA isn't just a ling thing, I mean I just got turned into Shitty Bill (again) tonight. So why not bebs? As for why it could transmit radio waves... uh, well, my dog ate a cellphone once. Shit happens.

All these ideas would have to be balanced of course. Accents, cooldowns, points, evolutions, etc. To varying degrees even, depending on the idea. Also, I'm sure all of them are a nightmare/impossible to code 'cause byond. Still, had to ask. Thanks for your time.
Give it a free ability to grow mouths. Each mouth says what the others do, with slight variations in text size and having certain letters drawn out. The mouths dissipate after a minute or so.
Blob bellows from it's flaps "WE ARE THE BLOOOOOB, JOIN US"

Blob grumbles grossly "WE NEED MORE MASSSSS"

A face emerges from the blob "LEAVE OR DIE"

random say things that sound really gross would be neat.