Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genetics:New Superpowers
Okay,So the original four are kinda boring.I mean they're good and all,but they get boring after a while.These were some of my ideas
Telepathy:The ability to send messages VIA a superpower tab and then a list like the observe tab.Then you send a message like a PDA.
Rubber Skin:The message you feel rubbery! And then you basically get monkey powers,and the immunity to shocks,and tasers and stun baton stuns.
Psychic:You get the message:Your mind expands!And then allows you to observe people like a ghost and cancel camera view same way.Superpowers tab for the observe.
Morphing:You get the message:Your skin shifts! Opens up the customization tab for the character menu allowing you to change looks and hair and such.
Speedy:Permanent hyperzine speed and heavy armor doesnt slow you down.Message:You feel quick!
Magnetic:You get the message your feet root to the floor of the station! The effect of magnetic boots
Breathless:You get the message:You no longer require oxygen!
Thats all I got.Most of those are minor powers except for rubber skin which is a major.Oh.
Teleporting:You get the message:Your very body seems to shift in space.Very low chance to acquire.Major power.
Please.stop.typing.like.this.
Darkgenerallord Wrote:Rubber Skin:The message you feel rubbery! And then you basically get monkey powers
Holy shit I never thought of monkeys as rubbery until now.
Uuuuhh...I don't know about this. Maybe if there are a maximum of four per round and it randomizes which four are going to be available. Just because otherwise it's going to be really easy to get powers if you know what you're doing.
Hell, I can already get all four in a round if I want to, long before the round ends. Increasing the powers to diseases ratio this high in the powers favour is really going to break the balance.
Either my first suggestion or not at all I'd say.
Sorry.i.cant.read.any.of.this.
Darkgenerallord Wrote:Telepathy: The ability to send messages VIA a superpower tab and then a list like the observe tab. Then you send a message like a PDA.
Rubber Skin: "You feel rubbery!" And then you basically get monkey powers,and the immunity to shocks,and tasers and stun baton stuns.
Psychic: "Your mind expands!" And then allows you to observe people like a ghost and cancel camera view same way.Superpowers tab for the observe.
Morphing: "Your skin shifts!" Opens up the customization tab for the character menu allowing you to change looks and hair and such.
Speedy: "You feel quick!" Permanent hyperzine speed and heavy armor doesn't slow you down.
Magnetic: "Your feet root to the floor of the station!" The effect of magnetic boots
Breathless: "You no longer require oxygen!"
Teleporting: "Your very body seems to shift in space." Very low chance to acquire. Major power.

Fixed that for you. That'll be twelve dollars.
Readster Wrote:Maybe if there are a maximum of four per round and it randomizes which four are going to be available.

It'd be kind of cool if this happened, just to inject some round-to-round change in genetics.
The only extra superpowers I think would be funny to see are these.

Bio-illumination: Basically Human light-bulb, they emit light and no longer need flashlights, and perhaps harm vampires nearby.

Invisibility: invisible, but clothes still appear so in order to completely be invisible, the crew-member has to be naked. Downside is anyone wearing thermals can see you naked. (Not trying to be creepy, I just think the sue storm kind of invisibility would be funny)

Everything else seems too gimmicky.
Darkgenerallord Wrote:Telepathy: You begin to be overwhelmed by thoughts before tuning them out.
Rubber Skin: "Your skin becomes sleek and stretchy!"
Psychic: "Your eyes become solid grey globes!"
Morphing: "Your skin shifts!"
Speedy: "Your tap your feet impatiently!"
Magnetic: "You're having a hard time lifting your feet!"
Breathless: "You begin running out of breath - Before realizing you don't need to!"
Teleporting: "Your body seems to constantly vanish and reappear."

How about a little personality to the messages
morphing and speed are cool
These ideas aren't necessarily bad although being stunproof is a ridiculously powerful ability so maybe give that one a miss.

But I wouldn't have even known what your idea was had that guy not formatted it because jesus christ man you have to put spaces after punctuation or otherwise shit just runs together into a horrible, unreadable text slurry.
How about change that to just uh, no door shocks. Because getting insulated gloves is kinda annoying sometimes.
The rubber power should prevent door shocks as well as teaser/baton stuns. Maybe also prevent slipping on wet floors, too, but only when barefoot.
one of the things I miss was the Bhuddist chaplain's third eye or whatever it was called that let you stand there and spy on people from behind a wall.

Maybe those bhudda powers should go to genetics.
Balance out the rubber power's shock-proof ability with an extreme weakness to fire.

Pubby McGrife throws the lit welder at Gumby Stretchmeat.
Gumby Stretchmeat is hit by the lit welder.
Gumby Stretchmeat bursts into flames!
Eww, that smells AWFUL!