Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new channel
This is an idea already implemented on noxstation. It's a command staff channel. It still allows access to the normal and job specific radios, but gives a new radio by using :c. I think this would prove useful for things such as the RD getting a hull breach and contacting the CE or the head of personnel/captain checking in on everyone. It might not be the most useful addition but I like it.
A hull breech is something that should probably be on public chat. "Hey, there's a giant hole in the medbay. DON'T GO THERE WITHOUT INTERNALS." Not really something you want to keep secret.
mostly I think it would be nice if the CE/RD sees that a member of their department is up to no good and wants to alert the Captain without having to broadcast it over the general frequency.
This would have been really handy for Rev but Rev kind of doesn't exist anymore so I'm not sure how much this would get used.
Dauntasa Wrote:This would have been really handy for Rev but Rev kind of doesn't exist anymore so I'm not sure how much this would get used.

HoP Joe says, "SINGURLARITY IN BAR I NEED SPACE SUIT AND BOMB NOW!"

Bob the CE says, "Lol I gave the space suits to the engineers and were explorin space."

HoS Potter says, "The RD, RD Maen just blew up the mixing room after inhaling bath salts and shouting that death was after him."

Captain Jack Daniels says, "Gug lukgh callin the sghtulle I justs made da AIII hate humanshs."
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:
Dauntasa Wrote:This would have been really handy for Rev but Rev kind of doesn't exist anymore so I'm not sure how much this would get used.

HoP Joe says, "SINGURLARITY IN BAR I NEED SPACE SUIT AND BOMB NOW!"

Bob the CE says, "Lol I gave the space suits to the engineers and were explorin space."

HoS Potter says, "The RD, RD Maen just blew up the mixing room after inhaling bath salts and shouting that death was after him."

Captain Jack Daniels says, "Gug lukgh callin the sghtulle I justs made da AIII hate humanshs."
Please let this happen
I would like to see this happen. A command channel would be useful, probably not as useful as when Rev was in rotation, but still a good idea. I mean, the heads of staff are clearly superior to the rest of the crew and security, so it's good to add one more item to distinguish them from the common pubbie. Also, please get rid of the medical and research channels and just make it a "science" channel or something. The RD is the boss of medical, but his headset doesn't communicate with them. What's with that?
You could implement a rework of the special channels by working in new headsets to Command Security, Command Research/Medical, and Command Engineering.

Command Security will use both the Security and Command Channel. Command Research/Medical will use Command and Research/medical, and Command Engineering will use the Engineering and Command Channels.
research and medical are on separate frequencies last I checked. not that they see much use anyway.
mozi Wrote:research and medical are on separate frequencies last I checked. not that they see much use anyway.
Usually, what I use the radio for as a scientist is ";hey, any doctors need any meds?", so they might be better off as one channel.
mozi Wrote:research and medical are on separate frequencies last I checked. not that they see much use anyway.

Exactly, that's why they should be combined. The fact that they don't see too much use is just another reason to combine them into one frequency. Like I said before, it doesn't make sense that the RD is the boss of medical, but doesn't have a radio to talk to them with.
Nightgunner5 Wrote:
mozi Wrote:I make medicine as a chemist
I am so disappointed in you.
Doctors are usually too stupid to check that the life saving pills you're giving them aren't actually full of space drugs.
Dauntasa Wrote:Doctors are usually too stupid to check that the life saving pills you're giving them aren't actually full of space drugs.
And the ones that do want to check are too stupid to know how.
the last time I was doctor I saw a chemist was working on the other side of the window, and kindly asked for some extra meds including kelotane, one of the simplest recipes there is

after hemming and hawing by wondering why our existing stocks wouldn't be enough he said "I'll eventually get to it" then proceeded to brew a bunch of spacedrugs & bathsalts and wandered off never to return

chemists :|