Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Impassable hand tele portal (no Cannot Teleport message)
Quote:"Reply PM from-Sundance420:
Alright. Just gathering info. So you locked into the medical tracking beacon and threw one player through, but you yourself could not go through, no warnings such as "cannot teleport (which sometimes happens, if there's something in the way)". Post this to the bug reports, or ahelp it as it may be a quirk with coding."

The other player was dead, so he was prone on the ground. I died as a result of not being able to go through the tele, and know from observing his corpse that the medbay beacon was exactly where it starts at the beginning of the round. I didn't get any 'cannot teleport' message while trying to pass through the portal, so I'm not sure what happened. The portal was just like a wall, essentially. I was in space without a jetpack, and throwing items in the opposite direction to move myself into the portal. Could this have caused the bug? If so, it would be nice if we could enter portals this way, as a jetpack isn't always available.
Did you have magnetic boots on you at the time? If not, that sounds like a bug yeah. Magnetic boots as far as I know prevent you from going inside portals like that, but I could be wrong.
They prevent you from using the telesci portal while wearing them. The command teleporter and hand tele should be fine though.
Mag boots prevent all teleporting as far as I'm aware.
Dabir Wrote:Mag boots prevent all teleporting as far as I'm aware.
On the one hand, this doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But on the other hand, I'm glad to have something to protect me from rampant telesci abusers.

Actually, come to think of it, do mag boots protect you from teleport guns?
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:
Dabir Wrote:Mag boots prevent all teleporting as far as I'm aware.
On the one hand, this doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But on the other hand, I'm glad to have something to protect me from rampant telesci abusers.

Actually, come to think of it, do mag boots protect you from teleport guns?

They do.