Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ID stuff. Tators only
Please allow us as traitors to swipe ID's in our unlocked PDA to gain that Job's unique items.

I think we should make it so that instead of a person getting a job that they wanted for normal play but getting traitor and having no cool items to buy, they are allowed to hunt for an ID which has some good items, like if you spawn as an assistant traitor, you go steal a scientist's ID and scan it into your PDA.

you only get one set of special items on your PDA, so you can't have vuvezela gun + Stims + All the other Traitor items.

To make a long story short: i think some people would like this, it would make for an interesting dynamic, because it wouldn't limit your fun if you wanted to use a certain item, while still making you work for the ID.
I could see this being fun. An assistant traitor ambushes an engineer, steals his ID, then buys a singularity bomb and sets it off while he skips off to free the engine, then blames the Chief Engineer for all of it.

I like this idea because it stops the meta-gamey "Oh the traitor has a sing. bomb/chem grenades/red chainsaw? Better track down all the [insert job here] and search them thoroughly and probably space them."
http://autisticpowers.info/ss13/forum/vi...=150#p5165

i agree
this idea rules
This would also allow for traitor items specific to classes that can't role traitor. Swipe a security ID, get access to bepsky, beepsky's rogue cousin who is faster, equipped with a taser gun, and arrests everyone other than the traitor.
Or how about captain traitor items? Be able to spawn a headset which can hear all frequencies. Who knows. The possibilities are endless!
Readster Wrote:Be able to spawn a headset which can hear all frequencies. Who knows. The possibilities are endless!
Why doesn't this already exist?
I like this idea.

Fund it please.
Readster Wrote:This would also allow for traitor items specific to classes that can't role traitor. Swipe a security ID, get access to bepsky, beepsky's rogue cousin who is faster, equipped with a taser gun, and arrests everyone other than the traitor.
Or how about captain traitor items? Be able to spawn a headset which can hear all frequencies. Who knows. The possibilities are endless!

This should be standard equipment for the captain, he IS the captain.

I just want to say why i think this should be put in, instead of why i think others will want it in.

if i choose assistant so i can be worry free and do some shenanigans, and instead get traitor, i want to be able to use the items i want to if i can work for them.

This allows for you having so much more options.

My only fear with this is people killing medics every round to get stimulant smoke and become an unstoppable rampager.

wink
This could actually be pretty cool. Special traitor shit for Sec IDs would be nice(well, not for Sec, since if they were good they'd be pretty likely to end up in a maint tunnel lying in a pool of their own blood, but they are already so who cares?).
On one hand I like this idea, but there is just one thing that makes me a little sad about it.

Once, on one of the first times I ever played Sec, I was told by a traitor we caught early that a member of the Sec team was a traitor. Naturally, I mostly ignored him, but the guy DID just sort of "show up" so I kept a slightly tighter on eye on him. Towards the end, a singularity bomb was found in the back of the bar maintenance (this was back when the bar was in the middle, RIP that layout). After it was spaced, the suspect officer was yelling about how the chef planted it and how he was going to kill him for it. The attribution of a job-only item to the wrong job immediately set off a red flag, so I asked the AI what the crew manifest said about the officer's job.

He was actually an engineer.

Long story short, the day was saved specifically BECAUSE traitor items are job specific.

Tl;dr version: I absolutely love the idea, but I'm kinda sad nothing cool like that could ever happen again.
This is cool. I like this.
I love this idea.

Probably because I love singularity bombs.
Dachshundofdoom Wrote:Long story short, the day was saved specifically BECAUSE traitor items are job specific.

I have the opposite feeling, i love the idea because it gets rid of the meta-game.
"A singularity bomb? Better gather up all the engineers and strip search them!"

The worst part about job specific traitor items is that it instantly pins all the blame on you and you cant use them against a competent crew stealthily
Ronnyfire Wrote:
Dachshundofdoom Wrote:Long story short, the day was saved specifically BECAUSE traitor items are job specific.

I have the opposite feeling, i love the idea because it gets rid of the meta-game.

The worst part about job specific traitor items is that it instantly pins all the blame on you and you cant use them against a competent crew stealthily

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. For every cool time like that it really is 90% "that's a maneater, better tase all botanists on sight." So yeah, this is a very great idea and I hope it gets implemented.
Dachshundofdoom Wrote:
Ronnyfire Wrote:

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. For every cool time like that it really is 90% "that's a maneater, better tase all botanists on sight." So yeah, this is a very great idea and I hope it gets implemented.
I would like to point out that job-specific traitor items are kinda meant to work that way. They're all pretty strong or pretty stealthy, but none are really both. Singularity Bomb is obvious as shit, but powerful. Maneaters are a bitch to an incompetant crew. Fog Machines...Oh God, Fog Machines...But yeah. I kind of think the risk associated with using a job specific traitor item forces you to decide if it's worth it to use and risk all the attention then shifting to you.