Mentor Application - Strawberry's Big Promotion!
Usual Character Name: Hanna Strawberry / Strawberry the clown / (Formerly Magnus Maxwell)
BYOND Username: Gannets
Recommended by: Isaac Kirkhope, SgtBriar, Conor12, FreshLemon, Haine, SpyGuy
Times Available: 8pm GMT through to 1am weekdays. A bunch of time over the weekend.

Reason for Application + Game Experience:

Hello!
I'm applying for a mentor position because a whole bunch of people have asked me to now.

I've been playing SS13 pretty solidly for 7 months on goonstation and another 6 months back when I played /tg/. A buddy of mine introduced me to /tg/ station back in uni and after that all fell apart I had a good look around at where I'd want to plant my spaceman roots. In my opinion, there's currently no better place to play this silly 13 year old byond game than goonstation.

There's a whole lot of technical knowledge that is beyond me here, massive reams of stuff that I have no idea about. There's probably wealth of things I don't even know I could know about and that's very exciting for me.
I've got a grip on the basics, I can run an engine, pour a drink, keep a dying feller alive, clone 'em if I balls that up, track down a secretive badman, arrest him too, build and then break most things, run a laid-back station as AI S.O.M.A and a handful of other common station tasks.
Things I haven't got a clue about include telescience, bomb-making, advanced chemistry, mutations, computing and I can't say I've spent much time in mining, QM or the kitchen.
My best rounds typically start with me donning the clown wig and mask and getting myself tangled up in some shenanigans, being the smiling foil to the chaos of the station and playing the straight man to a murderous traitor's gimmick. I've had a lot of encouraging feedback about Strawberry and I'm always happy to play my part in the show.
I personally find that goonstation is a wonderful place for this kind of roleplay, as long as you don't expect anyone else to follow along with you, you can put on a character and get yourself in to all kinds of trouble. You don't need rules or anyone to enforce it, just a dedication to your gimmick and the pursuit of Fun in your heart.

Also, I've contributed a few sprites to the codebase via haine and when admins have given me a chance to do something fun, I've tried to be responsible and entertaining.

I've clearly got a ways to go before I can call myself knowledgeable or skilled, but I'd like the opportunity to pass on what I've learned so far to confused new players. God knows my first few rounds were awkward messes. I must have watched 20 or so of Plump's youtube videos and observed another 10 rounds before I thought I was ready to step in to the shoes of an assistant. So maybe I can help make that a little easier for someone.

Thanks for reading!

Previous Bans: None.
Yup, Gannets is a good player and contributes to the community. Gets my seal of approval!
Huh, I was convinced that Hanna Strawberry was played by Haine, which I suppose is a compliment. Wonderful player, there's no reason you shouldn't be a mentor.
Mentor material for sure. Not to mention Gannets has made the game look really fancy with all the sprites. Give them Purple text
Oh hell yes!
Also uh, good and fun player, definitely.
You're a pleasure to play with and have good knowledge of the game. Good job on all the sprites by the way. Purple will suit you just fine. wget and emailed
yes for hos
Nicest Clown for Mentor 2015. I approve of Gannets being a mentor.
Good clown, good player, I can't remember a single bad thing I've seen or heard about Gannets.

Yes from me.
Yes, yes, a thousand times yes!
A big yes from me!

Not only does he make fantastic sprites, but Gannets is also a genuinely great player.

Strawberry has to be the funniest/friendliest clown I've encountered.

Purple awaits you.
Great clown, great player and made some amazing Fancy suits for the heads. A yes from me give him the The Purple
Def yes, 7 months and you have already demonstrated great understanding of goon, more than enough to be a mentor.
Not to mention a fantastic attitude.

Big yes, def yes.
Yes. Nothing more is needed to say.
Always wondered where Magnus Maxwell went, a yes.