Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BYOND hates me?
So I got internet today.

That preferences shit? It's insane. I guess the anti-aliasing is what causes it, but with it off my game is laggier than fuck, and with it on it's blurry.

Can someone help me please?
Do you have a dedicated graphics card or are you using something integrated like Intel HD XXXX? I remember having problems with blurriness when I didn't have a graphics card.
Fixing the blurriness involves setting "anisotropic optimization" to on.
I can't recall exactly what it's called, but I set it under the program specific settings in the nvidia control panel. Should work on both dedicated and integrated cards.

Also apparently doing this on an integrated card will indeed make it laggier. Forcing it to use the dedicated card solved that for me, but that's likely not always an option.
I remember 'the blur'. Back when software rendering was still an option.
I have an Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller

Under display adapters, that's the only thing that pops up.
http://newedenstation.com/showthread.php?tid=754

Quoting the post from that forum;

Quote:"The blurry screen is not a bug

It's suppose to be like that. 4.0 uses OpenGL to let you stretch your map to fit any size. Unfortunatly dma doesnt have a change screen size verb so you can only use the starting one. Which results in the icons being stretched slightly to make up the difference.

They become blurry because opengl compensates for the size change. Without opengl the icons would appear distorted

You can disable opengl if you dont like it and you can also disable the screen stretch as well.

I personally like the stretch and slight blurryness. It removes some of the flaws from the icons and makes them less pixelated looking"

When I get home, OpenGL is gonna be my first priority.

EDIT: There's a BYOND 4.0? I thought it was in ###.## format.
Are your display and graphic card drivers all correct and properly installed? I've faced this issue before on my old laptop after a reformat.
I have an intel graphics processor, an integrated graphics card.

Also, on LLJK, the screen is white
[Image: 6225d2942a.png]
Check to see if the graphics hardware thing is turned on, that causes it to appear white. I mean, if you still even play this game anymore, it's been about half a year.