Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motive system Feedback thread.
If this is to actually be implemented, it needs major tweaking for things like bathroom breaks and resting, and it needs to come with a trait system, where you can select from a list of positive and negative traits that effect these sort of things, like recovering more hunger from junk food or gaining extra joy from alcohol, or losing massive fun from farts.
Negative traits give trait points and positive traits consume them.
It's just an April fools thing, or better be. This doesn't suit goon at all.
Ali0en Wrote:It's just an April fools thing, or better be. This doesn't suit goon at all.

IIRC they started planning this update around fall last year. Cogmap 2 is going to be optimized much better so that it's easier to fulfill your motives.
Walrus Wrote:
Ali0en Wrote:It's just an April fools thing, or better be. This doesn't suit goon at all.

IIRC they started planning this update around fall last year. Cogmap 2 is going to be optimized much better so that it's easier to fulfill your motives.

I hope they are ready for the backlash if this is not a April fools joke. This is one clusterfuck of a system and even with tweaking I can't see it getting much better.
Pissing my pants every 5 minutes while 100% dehydrated and passed out in an ever expanding pile of my own vomit because I reek of piss seems pretty Goon.

However, holy shit I hope this is an April Fools. The need to sleep is awful, the need to sit is awful, the need to piss is awful, the need to talk is awful, the need to "have fun" is awful. I don't too terribly mind the food and water thing, but still.
The reason I like Goon is because of the freedom you have while playing. This system is the complete opposite of that, These things are forced on you and if you don't do what this system wants they you will most likely die. This system does not fit well with goon.
I think motive would be a really funny pathology disease in it's current form.

That said after playing one or two rounds with this update I'm instantly reminded of that tv show, Helix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_noRe2FMvW4

P.S, it's about a bunch of cdc scientists who go to an artic research base to check out a disease outbreak, and then everything goes hilariously wrong. The plot gets really confusing and weird after that but the part I'm reminded of is the chill elevator music that suddenly turns creepy

But yeah I walked into the station with a puke fest and passed out on the escape shuttle.

I think more bathrooms and maybe a guide or something is needed, because at this point I was just winging it.

Also this makes it even more impossible to be janitor.
atomic1fire Wrote:Also this makes it even more impossible to be janitor.

It's impossible to do anything.
There's a huge flaw in this system. People are avoiding their motive's by playing as borg, or getting borged. Obviously we need some motives for borgs

Maybe oiling to replicate thirst
Polishing to replicate hygiene

I'm sure we could think of some unique borg traits. Being robots, maybe they should have a need to perform calculations? Have random math problems come up that they need to solve. Failure to do so causes a system crash and they need to be rebooted.
Frank_Stein Wrote:There's a huge flaw in this system. People are avoiding their motive's by playing as borg, or getting borged. Obviously we need some motives for borgs

Maybe oiling to replicate thirst
Polishing to replicate hygiene

I'm sure we could think of some unique borg traits. Being robots, maybe they should have a need to perform calculations? Have random math problems come up that they need to solve. Failure to do so causes a system crash and they need to be rebooted.

Good ideas. Maybe a motive to ensure lawfulness of borg actions? Of course there has to be a birdwell motive, but since birdwell is illegal when it rises the law motive would drop. This would add a neat equilibrium mechanic that keeps them on their feet.
I've been yelling at the admins since forever that spacemen don't use toilets often enough.

We can finally call ourselves a space station simulator.
I'm afraid that I cannot back this system in its current state. As things stand there is no connection between motives and illness. Until proper support for pathology is integrated I'm going to have to say that this is a complete failure at roleplay.
Social can be raised simply by speaking out loud. This is a clear bug and should only be allowed to raise if there's another player in the vicinity who speaks back after a short cooldown and a check to see if the lines simply haven't been repeated. We can't have people abusing the new system!
You cannot satisfy your hunger by consuming people. It is a massive disappointment that I am not to sustain myself off of the corpses that litter the bathroom.
Anticheese Wrote:Social can be raised simply by speaking out loud. This is a clear bug and should only be allowed to raise if there's another player in the vicinity who speaks back after a short cooldown and a check to see if the lines simply haven't been repeated. We can't have people abusing the new system!

Maybe social could be raised even more if you check and send email from a personal computer, but only if you do it like once in a while.

That way people could use the email system the computers have to send forwards from grandma about if you don't resend this to 5 people your heart will instantly deep fry.