Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replace the Changeling's Hallucinogenic Sting
I made a thread some while back about replacing the LSD in the sting with space drugs. Space drugs make it ridiculously hard to pull stuff (your meal) around because of frequent stumbling which breaks your grip. It'd be a small change that would still make the recipient see shit with a little something extra so it actually serves a purpose occasionally.
Duantasa basically nailed why the DNA sting is useless.

A rajijijah sting, on the other hand, is something I support support.
This sounds like it has about a 90% chance of backfiring? Even with sleepypens or neurotoxin stings, you have to single out new players or pair it with a way of silencing people, because anyone who's been around for more than two weeks has a good chance of spotting the symptoms and call you out on the radio immediately.

Something as noticeable as changing the player's appearance is going to get you called out literally every time, and you can't really count on using the identity thing to confuse the crew because the next thing the person will do after calling you out is come at you with a fire extinguisher. If you can't out-robust them immediately, then they'll beat your head in by the time anyone else arrives, or force you to acid spit them and try to flee with the crew and the AI actively looking for them and you.
My problem with this is how cripplingly situational this is. Unless you're decked out in full biosuit gear, which would render this thing useless anyways, you'd know exactly why you suddenly look like Asshole McGee because Chang E. Ling was standing right by you when your appearance suddenly changed. After a few weeks of this ability being a thing, any experienced player worth their salt would not be fooled in the slightest.
Sorry for double post but apparently this is an in game thing now. Probably good to report here on the usefulness or lack thereof of this power.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:My problem with this is how cripplingly situational this is. Unless you're decked out in full biosuit gear, which would render this thing useless anyways, you'd know exactly why you suddenly look like Asshole McGee because Chang E. Ling was standing right by you when your appearance suddenly changed. After a few weeks of this ability being a thing, any experienced player worth their salt would not be fooled in the slightest.
I mean, yeah, but the power it would be replacing isn't all that useful either.
Frank_Stein Wrote:
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:My problem with this is how cripplingly situational this is. Unless you're decked out in full biosuit gear, which would render this thing useless anyways, you'd know exactly why you suddenly look like Asshole McGee because Chang E. Ling was standing right by you when your appearance suddenly changed. After a few weeks of this ability being a thing, any experienced player worth their salt would not be fooled in the slightest.
I mean, yeah, but the power it would be replacing isn't all that useful either.

It's not incredibly useful but it has the main advantage of being free. All it does is fuck up someone's movement and confuse them a little but hey, you might as well, because it's free.

This is slightly more useful but costs a shitload of points.
I mean I could see this being actually very nice to have if it was free and you could still use the identity for yourself. Maybe make it temporary in order to compensate, like the guy changed back after a couple of minutes.

That way you could be a lot more liberal about using it. With that cost you have to be extremely conservative and it's just not worth it. You have to have been caught and identified while having a substantial DNA stockpile in order to get any use out of it, which happens to perfectly line up with the best time to just go Shambler and eat all the motherfuckers chasing you(which also has the end result of giving you a big load of DNA and fresh identities as opposed to taking them).
counter suggestion: a sting that injects the target with 50 units of changeling blood so that they read false positive on tests
UrsulaMejor Wrote:counter suggestion: a sting that injects the target with 50 units of changeling blood so that they read false positive on tests

I like this idea.
Why are you all arguing about changing Hallucinogenic sting and fighting for your idea to be the one to replace it?

Suggestion- Add all/most of these ideas in because most/all of them are good instead of fighting to be the one who comes up with the idea that replaces Hallucinogenic
Mageziya Wrote:A rajijijah sting, on the other hand, is something I support support.

This, a thousand times this. Also I like the original idea as well. Bring em both in and make them costly as DNA is pretty easy to come by. Most of the time, unless I end up fighting a bunch of borgs and chem-slingers, I end up with way more DNA than I know what to do with. I may regenerate once. But most of the time I don't. And pretty much everything else , short of shambler which I only ever need to fight off other changelings, is free.