Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
remove the traitor cloak in favor of the chameleon projector
i was gonna post this in the newest "cloak sux pls nerf" thread but that was getting heated enough so i made a new thread for it

basically: the cloak is pretty much undeniably the most hated traitor item in-game. things aren't as bad as they were in the days of cloak/e-sword rampages, but every nerf to try and make the thing more tolerable just makes it get ignored for a while until someone else finds a way to exploit it and the cycle repeats again. i say we just cut our losses and remove the cloak for good in favor of the chameleon projector

the cloak is:
a) not fun to play against, or with
b) can barely be used for Humorous Hijinks
c) is only bought when someone has a shitty murder combo they want to do

meanwhile, the chameleon projector is not as confusing to counter but still challenging, fun to sneak around with since there's more actual risk involved, and you can do actually entertaining things with it. most importantly, though, is that it has all the nerfs that were slowly applied to the cloak over years have always been with the projector, and no one's had a problem with them.

tl;dr: cloak is for nerds, get rid of it since it's basically a lame chameleon projector
Projector is actually far more OP. hides things and people inside and is only ever used for gibber traps.

Just leave the cloak alone you whiney kids.
you're thinking of the field projector, i'm talking about the chameleon projector (scan things, it disguises you as them)
Ali0en Wrote:Just leave the cloak alone you whiney kids.

Eng Left
I actually think the chameleon projector is objectively better than the cloak. It's significantly cheaper, makes you disappear from the AI's view (I think). If I recall, gunfire might not also might not affect you when cloaked?

It's been awhile since someone actually shot at me while cloaked, since I mostly use to for gags.
Why remove one item simply because another is perhaps slightly preferable in some situations? That's silly. "Remove the Butcher's knife! C-saber is better!" "Remove Chameleon Bomb, Syndicate pipebombs are easier!"
Honestly, I think the cloak is just fine the way it is, there's plenty of ways to stop a cloaker if the crew consists of more than just a braindead clown in the monkey pen and a quasi-sentient penne arrabiata masquerading as a Head of Security.
icarus Wrote:the old thread was shitty so i made a new shitty thread