Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did you know?
In the faint signal, a monkey worth 70-80k
medsal15 Wrote:In the faint signal, a monkey worth 70-80k

From Doc, asking for limbs I presume.
This is kinda lame imo, it's unbalanced. Too easy money, especially if you just build a valuchimp right beside him.

Roomba Wrote:If Beepsky/any securitron is shut down then reactivated in front of a prisoner, it begins the arrest routine all over again, starting by stunning the prisoner. If you want to be an absolutely colossal dick to someone who's under arrest as an AI/borg, keep turning off Beepsky and turning it on again before it finishes putting the handcuffs on to stunlock the dude.

Although it's probably best not to overdo this unless your laws allow you to cause harm to said person.

My favorite thing to do if someone is a being a humongous dick to security is put beepsky on detain mode. Detain mode means he'll stun his target and not cuff them, allow them to have maybe ~1 second to run away and he'll start chasing them again. It's a great awful way to deal with shitheads, but I get a huge laugh when you get people pleading on the radio to disable beepsky.
Sundance Wrote:

This is kinda lame imo, it's unbalanced. Too easy money, especially if you just build a valuchimp right beside him.

it takes awhile to cut up all those monkies, each monkey comes out to about 25k actually, as D.O.C. doesnt buy skulls. It is easy money but no easier than cheesing than X-drone
Eh, it's easy money but not really gamebreakingly so. Most of the stuff you can buy from space traders save really high-end pod stuff/a voltron is obtainable with a budget of about 20k or so, and if someone spends most of the round chopping up monkeys to afford an artypod or something, more power to him. It's not like any of the other methods of obtaining that much money are significantly harder/more time-consuming. And yeah, it's about 25k per monkey for all the limbs and organs, minus the skulls - but the Martian will buy those for 5k each.
Also, today I found out stacking two cloaking field generators over each other will remove the telltale fuzzy overlay, making it completely undetectable if you don't know it's there.

The two dozen people who ran into the teleporter trap found this out about one second too late.
Spy_Guy Wrote:
VictorMAngoStein Wrote:Remember that the command for custom emotes is *customv If you're wearing a mask and someone else's ID, instead of wasting crystals on a voice changer, use custom emotes to mime what you want to say (i.e. to ask for bee eggs I'd use "*customv points to the QM console, then flaps his arms and buzzes.")

Note that using *customv or *customh as substitutes for talking, ex. *customv says "I'm the legit captain." or *customv that jerk got me with perfluoro is liable to cause spontaneous gibbing syndrome and is definitely adminhelpable if used to circumvent not being able to talk.

For example:

*customv it' s a heart attack, Hank Traitorson got me with initro Really fucking bad, don't do this

*customv mimes "It's a heart attack, Hank Traitorson got me with initro" Impressive miming skills there, chap, fuck you (also bad)

*customv frantically clutches at his chest. Good.
We may need to perform some scientific tests and apply some unorthodox methods, but my hypothesis is that that is the joke.
Sundance Wrote:

Roomba Wrote:If Beepsky/any securitron is shut down then reactivated in front of a prisoner, it begins the arrest routine all over again, starting by stunning the prisoner. If you want to be an absolutely colossal dick to someone who's under arrest as an AI/borg, keep turning off Beepsky and turning it on again before it finishes putting the handcuffs on to stunlock the dude.

Although it's probably best not to overdo this unless your laws allow you to cause harm to said person.

My favorite thing to do if someone is a being a humongous dick to security is put beepsky on detain mode. Detain mode means he'll stun his target and not cuff them, allow them to have maybe ~1 second to run away and he'll start chasing them again. It's a great awful way to deal with shitheads, but I get a huge laugh when you get people pleading on the radio to disable beepsky.

If beepsky's chasing you 4 no raisins you can just hide in a miniputt and shoot him to death.
If you use the previous tip of keeping your PDA window while you walk around, you can utilize the sec/medical alerts when you are in trouble. Its a lot easier to click stuff to ask for help than it is to try and type while running, or find a place to stop and type. This also comes in handy when your pursuer takes your headset but not your backpack or jumpsuit. Not to mention, this message gets sent to everyone with a sec PDA, not just whoever happens to check the radio. Also, instead of shouting "Baed Guey attacking me!" List off what their name and what they're wearing or what color their hair is until you get out or die. Its a lot easier to steal an identity than it is to get a completely new costume all the time. Consequently, if you're a bad guy, always have a spare outfit stored in your internals that looks nothing like your current one.
FishDance Wrote:If you use the previous tip of keeping your PDA window while you walk around, you can utilize the sec/medical alerts when you are in trouble. Its a lot easier to click stuff to ask for help than it is to try and type while running, or find a place to stop and type. This also comes in handy when your pursuer takes your headset but not your backpack or jumpsuit. Not to mention, this message gets sent to everyone with a sec PDA, not just whoever happens to check the radio. Also, instead of shouting "Baed Guey attacking me!" List off what their name and what they're wearing or what color their hair is until you get out or die. Its a lot easier to steal an identity than it is to get a completely new costume all the time. Consequently, if you're a bad guy, always have a spare outfit stored in your internals that looks nothing like your current one.

Alternatively if you have a really common outfit (like an assistant's jumpsuit) no one will get suspicious unless it's covered with blood (and even then you still have plausible deniability)
Did you know that just yelling "help" does jack shit for the sec team or the paramedics?
If you really want help, make sure to tell them where the hell you are. or where you are in relation to a landmark.
Did you know, if you get a floor locker you can hide in it and spray chemicals from a spray bottle? I don't know about hypo's but they might also work.
You can use the text bar to use commands other than say.

Example: You could enter Pick-Up Red-Jumpsuit to pick up a nearby red jumpsuit.

That's not very fast either, but if you enter in part of a command and hit space you can automatically fill in the command.

So p i space r e space would let you make that command really quickly.
Darkness artifacts are REALLY good for murder, especially if you have a sleepy pen or radbow.

Simply activate the artifact, move your mouse cursor around and until you find a person, then jab them quickly or shoot them and they'll be none the wiser to who did it.
Anything put through the fryer somehow becomes pocket-sized; this includes people.

Emergency 02 tanks can also fit in your pocket, convenient if you don't want your hands full during an escape.

Want to kill someone really quietly? Load up a sleepypen or hypospray with Capulettium Plus and Sulfonal;
The "notes" verb will bring up any objectives you have if you're an antag or miscreant, along with your PIN number.

The ideal pressure to set pure-oxygen internals (Emergency tanks and jetpacks.) to is 17. Any lower and you'll suffocate and any higher and you'll use up O2 faster.

On that note, I don't know the ideal pressure for air-mix internals, does anyone know it? Also, is there a functional difference between breath-masks and gas-masks, other than obscuring your identity?