Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did you know?
I remember tg having a thread for "little things you learned that are game changing" and it was a good place to pick up neat gameplay tips.
Post any obscure item interaction, odd method of doing something, or helpful tip that you've recently learned or a bunch of people don't know about.

Did you know that a wraith can possess an item, then click on itself to perform the item's in-hand action? For instance, possessing a saxophone then playing it or possessing a stack of metal and building with it.
As you all know, changelings can still transform when borged.

HOWEVER, when a changeling transforms from a borg to a human, all tools they had equipped drop on the floor along with the rest of their borg parts.
For the longest time, I didn't know you could just swap your uniform. I would take one off, put the new one on, then manage my ID and pocket stuff that spilled out.

Then someone mentioned that you could click that little area to just equip things to where they go and everything became so much easier.

Now the hotkey is there and everything is great.
I haven't learned anything new in a long, long time.

However, floor tiles have been incredibly robust forever. Seriously, they hurt.

The END key makes you move downwards and at an angle REALLY FAST, making it hard to hit you.
Follow anyone around with a vuvuzela. Something cool will eventually happen.

First thing every round, grab a brute first aid kit from near the bar and put it in your backpack. Screw everyone else, they'll be trying to murder you soon anyway.

If you're doing anything remotely illegal (i.e. stealing shoes), keep a bee nearby. Lets see those pigs try to arrest you when Lil Greysuit McShithead is stinging them into next week!

If you have any kind of stun weapon on you, there's nothing more satisfying than spacing someone through the QM mass driver (remember to wave goodbye them with ctrl+Q!)

Remember that the command for custom emotes is *customv If you're wearing a mask and someone else's ID, instead of wasting crystals on a voice changer, use custom emotes to mime what you want to say (i.e. to ask for bee eggs I'd use "*customv points to the QM console, then flaps his arms and buzzes.")

You can also use customv emotes to put on a hilarious show as the clown where you fart out words and have long conversations with your own ass:
Murderfart giggleshiv says "Hey ass, I heard you got your report card back. How did you do?"
Murderfart Giggleshiv farts out "FFFFFFFFFFFFF!"

Or be polite to sec while fartng out insults. Have fun with it!

Bored as a medical doctor? Give everyone the wrong limbs on purpose!

Mutadone is a clown's best friend

The DNA scrambler is a syndicate operative's best friend.

The radio jammer is everyone's best friend!
it's not a really big one, but mucking around on #1 I found if you infuse plasmastone with sulphuric acid you can use it to make windows that you have to mouse-over/hit to tell apart from glass.

At least, until someone walks past with their cake hat on cool
Drag and drop backpacks/medkits/boxes/bibles/etc onto your own sprite to open them. It's a life saver for when you only have one arm.

Bibles share their content meaning that if you place something in one of the bibles, the person who has the other bible can take it.
Ali0en Wrote:I haven't learned anything new in a long, long time.

They used to be ALOT stronger. Four thrown tiles would put someone from 100 to crit in the old days.
I think Wonk invented this one, but as a changer, lying down on the floor in a busy hallway and stinging people as they walk over you is always fun times.
GorillaMyDreams Wrote:
Ali0en Wrote:I haven't learned anything new in a long, long time.

They used to be ALOT stronger. Four thrown tiles would put someone from 100 to crit in the old days.

Iam A Crooke was a deadly floor tile ninja who would destroy people with flurries of square shurikens
The station can become bedridden by random swarms of space wasps! It typically happens on really long rounds, and you'll usually find the buggers in relatively out-of-the-way places like maintenance tunnels or crew quarters.

Becoming familiar with the contents of vending machine contents can be incredibly useful if you somehow don't have access to a chem dispenser, since there's a surprising number of chemical recipes you can make out of that stuff.

Consider putting some booze into your hellpoisons; the ethanol it decays into will turn any charcoal that enters the bloodstream into antihol, stopping some of the detox dead in its tracks! Similarly, if you know that someone's hopped up on epinephrine, consider a dose of unstable mutagen. Not only will it mutate the hell out of them, but it'll also fuse with the epinephrine to form deadly neurotoxin!

Becoming familiar with the color (both visual and in-game) of various chemicals can also be immensely beneficial. If you make just the right mixture, you can swap out the medicine in the reserve tanks with something identical in appearance but dangerous (or hilarious) in its effect! For starters: Urine is the exact same color as silver sulfadiazine.

If hacked into to reveal their hidden inventory, each NanoMed will reveal some sulfonal, LSD blotters...and a single bottle of pancuronium!

When you scan, reverse-engineer, and deploy vending machines and the like using the tools at the mechanics lab, you don't actually need to restock the machines. Some crazy voodoo tech magic does it for you! With enough patience and maybe stealing from other fabricators around the station, you can have an effectively infinite amount of whatever vending machine stuff you like. Infinite hobo wine! Infinite pancuronium! Infinite flashbangs!

You might notice that there's a pen sitting on a desk in the Syndicate shuttle that nuclear operatives spawn in. That's actually a sleepy pen! There's also a syndicate device analyzer tucked away in a super-secret telesci area closely associated the Syndicate, for those of you familiar with it.
Mining belts can hold anything, like anything you can pick up

Anything you can pick up, you can bake into a pick so thats something

The ai core can load itself onto a mule and probably other things

A flamethrower is a very good weapon for fighting critters, so use it on telescience adventures
Scrumpys Wrote:The ai core can load itself onto a mule and probably other things
This includes pods. And, yes, you can pilot them.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:When you scan, reverse-engineer, and deploy vending machines and the like using the tools at the mechanics lab, you don't actually need to restock the machines. Some crazy voodoo tech magic does it for you! With enough patience and maybe stealing from other fabricators around the station, you can have an effectively infinite amount of whatever vending machine stuff you like. Infinite hobo wine! Infinite pancuronium! Infinite flashbangs!

Building vending machines in front of important doors is hilarious and will make everyone want to be your friend.

Carry several unassembled vending machines and a soldering iron with you and you can block off hallways when you're being chased.
Another really big thing: When you're using an item in your hand on another item in your inventory, like transferring mixtures between containers or deploying frames, the target item doesn't have to be in your hands. For instance, you can use a soldering iron on a frame in your pocket, or in your backpack, and so on and so forth.