Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add a kidnap objective for antags
Killing someone is far easier than kidnapping someone alive. I propose making it an objective make sure crewmember x ends the round aboard a syndicate prison ship/ jail next to the listening post (whichever works)
I could see this being a challenge to pull off and also creating some fun gameplay.
salix_catus Wrote:Killing someone is far easier than kidnapping someone alive. I propose making it an objective make sure crewmember x ends the round aboard a syndicate prison ship/ jail next to the listening post (whichever works)
I could see this being a challenge to pull off and also creating some fun gameplay.

Fun in theory. Main issue is if these captives have to be alive. Most people will just suicide if you take them somewhere and permanently incapacitate them so that they can observe the round. It's actually more fun to be dead and ghost around than to just sit around somewhere or in permanent unconsciousness.
Too lazy to find my old thread but:
I suggested this in mind to the mini escape pods.

My thread basically said that the escape pods can be improved depending on how much cash you insert. More $$$ = higher probability it will get to centcom in one piece. There should be a special dock in centcom for those people. You can boast how you got to centcom 1 minute before everyone else, and that you ate all the icecream. Emagging the money slot randomizes the probability, so if you're strapped on cash and feeling lucky, you have a chance of pulling a good pod. Or if you feel like sabotage and someone with a bunch of money has a probability of getting a shit pod. Either/or.

But yeah. This would tie in nicely with a kidnap objective. Grab and click a cuffed person to shove him into the pod, and if you're a syndicate the pods trajectory is not centcom, but the syndicate shuttle. You will dock in the syndicate shuttles pod bay.

Quote:Fun in theory. Main issue is if these captives have to be alive. Most people will just suicide if you take them somewhere and permanently incapacitate them so that they can observe the round. It's actually more fun to be dead and ghost around than to just sit around somewhere or in permanent unconsciousness.

You could have a objective related equipment of an implanter which would cost 1 tc that would prevent suicide of a player. You can buy it, or take the gamble and dont.
Sundance Wrote:Too lazy to find my old thread but:
I suggested this in mind to the mini escape pods.

My thread basically said that the escape pods can be improved depending on how much cash you insert. More $$$ = higher probability it will get to centcom in one piece. There should be a special dock in centcom for those people. You can boast how you got to centcom 1 minute before everyone else, and that you ate all the icecream. Emagging the money slot randomizes the probability, so if you're strapped on cash and feeling lucky, you have a chance of pulling a good pod. Or if you feel like sabotage and someone with a bunch of money has a probability of getting a shit pod. Either/or.

But yeah. This would tie in nicely with a kidnap objective. Grab and click a cuffed person to shove him into the pod, and if you're a syndicate the pods trajectory is not centcom, but the syndicate shuttle. You will dock in the syndicate shuttles pod bay.
I can see this working. And I do like the escape pod idea. It actually makes them more funnier than they are now. NT will do anything for money, why not make money out of people fleeing for thier lives?
Quote:
Quote:Fun in theory. Main issue is if these captives have to be alive. Most people will just suicide if you take them somewhere and permanently incapacitate them so that they can observe the round. It's actually more fun to be dead and ghost around than to just sit around somewhere or in permanent unconsciousness.

You could have a objective related equipment of an implanter which would cost 1 tc that would prevent suicide of a player. You can buy it, or take the gamble and dont.
This sounds good. Though only preventing use of suicide verb.This would allow for people to kill themselves a bit more manually if they were left alone and were able to get out of cuffs. It would encourage the supervision of your prisoner.
Put a modified sleeper in the listening post that prevents suicide.

Might be extremely rude but it would be a good way to prevent sore losering.

Also it means that you can be rescued without rotting.

Alternatively it could work like the old prison vr thing, where you can still watch other people do things and maybe have access to a chem dispenser and botany, so you aren't bored, but you can't escape.

So basically the syndicates could steal the old VR jail and use it to keep their prisoner alive.
Why not just have getting them in the requisite area count as successfully kidnapping them? I mean, that's the hard part of the task, especially if the 'keep them alive' part is mitigated through a cheap workaround. They're just going to go braindead anyway if they have no chance of meaningfully interacting with anything for the rest of the round.
at least give their cell VR
why not just have the objective to make sure they escape on the escape shuttle.

then, another traitor might have the objective to make sure they don't
UrsulaMejor Wrote:why not just have the objective to make sure they escape on the escape shuttle.

then, another traitor might have the objective to make sure they don't
Heads of Security (and maybe normal security officers?) have this as an objective with traitors, why not have an inverse objective for traitors?
I kinda think an alternate drop off point at the end of the round would be more fun.

For starters as a traitor the biggest problem you'll face with a bring to the escape shuttle objective is that the escape shuttle is the last place any suicide bomber or changeling can expect to rampage.

That basically means you have to be lucky for someone to not just go crazy go nuts and maul your objective right in front of you.

Also a kidnap to the outpost objective basically means that you actually do get to snatch and grab somebody. Whereas with a "make sure they get to the escape shuttle" objective, you'd just be baby sitting.

If you want to prevent someone from suiciding on the way there just load them full of oxygen deprivation pills or mindslave them and instruct them to have stockholm syndrome.
A small syndicate prison shuttle that docks west of the marketplace that arrives at the end.
I love this idea because it would be a great change-up from the all too common traitorly murder spree, but I agree with the posts about giving some sort of incentive for the victims to not just suicide. I think the way you could do this is by creating a Syndicate brig with mechanics for jailing people being available to all traitors, not just those with a kidnap objective.

The Syndicate brig might have to be attached to the listening post, but should be accessible to normal crewmembers (albeit with difficulty) so that daring breakouts can be attempted! This might give the prisoners incentive to stick around after they've been captured.

In order to make the Syndicate brig useful for all traitors and to make the place more dastardly and fearsome, it could feature an execution chamber with a timer that can be set just like the security brig timers.

The idea of the VR prison is cool too, but there should be some way to break out of it.
Maybe the prison itself could hide some objects useful to a breakout.

For instance I used to sorta like tg brigs because they have lightbulbs you can smash and use to break the reinforced glass and grilles. Your challenge is then to get passed an armed traitor while using whatever you have on you to break out, hopefully your traitor companion didn't completely strip you.

Also if there's a syndie prison on the map traitors can use it for their gimmicks. For instance step on this pressure pad to end up in syndie brig.